Droid X Sluggish/Unresponsive. Factory Reset?

jgs5032

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. Looking for some advice on what to do with my Droid X.

I tried using my Droid X as an mp3 player yesterday, and it kept freezing and wouldn't load any of the songs. So I would do a battery pull and try again. This happened a few times until I just gave up.

After that instance, I noticed my phone was now very sluggish and unresponsive. Scrolling from screen to screen is delayed, text messaging is near impossible, takes about 20 seconds for internet, twitter or facebook to load, etc. Also, my Gallery won't load. None of my pictures from my camera or pictures saved from the internet will load into the gallery. It just constantly says "Loading Media Files" and won't load. I hooked my phone into my computer and pictures are still on the phone, so I saved them onto my computer.

So, what's my next step? Should I do a factory reset, call Verizon in hopes of a new phone?

Any kind of help would is appreciated. Thank you!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I would go ahead and do the factory reset. It can fix a lot of issues and it's what verizon is going to walk your through before they send you a new phone anyway. My guess is that your phone will run great afterwards.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, where did you get music from because that sounds like possible corrupt files and I also noticed this issue when audio was imported from iTunes. I would suggest check audio files or try clearing the data and cache for app.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to application settings and in "running services" there at the bottom will give you a visual of where you are in ram usage.
62965c44-75c8-713b.jpg
If it's mostly red then that's the problem. You got to many apps running in the background.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jgs5032

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, where did you get music from because that sounds like possible corrupt files and I also noticed this issue when audio was imported from iTunes. I would suggest check audio files or try clearing the data and cache for app.

I imported the music from iTunes. Thing is, I have had this phone since summer and am now just having these problems.

And sorry, but what do you mean "cache for app"?

jgs5032

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Go to application settings and in "running services" there at the bottom will give you a visual of where you are in ram usage.
62965c44-75c8-713b.jpg
If it's mostly red then that's the problem. You got to many apps running in the background.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how to read this, but....

Red is: Other: 129 MB in 14

Available: 18 MB+111MB in 35.

Is that good? Sorry for being such a noobie.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I imported the music from iTunes. Thing is, I have had this phone since summer and am now just having these problems.

And sorry, but what do you mean "cache for app"?

Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All Tab >> Music >>

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Might be the SD card itself, try another SD card if you have another one around.

This could be nature of issue also, I had this happen once and if you decide to reset try coping all data off card and format (Not quick format) and start fresh and see how this helped. Worked well for me..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao