Dropped my EVO in the Toilet!

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
About a week ago I dropped my EVO in the toilet while trying to text for a booty call. That didn't work needless to say work out.

I immediately retrieved it and turned it off by pulling the batteyr out. Then I let it dry out overnight and tried to use it the next day. (Yes, I forgot the bag of rice trick). So it turned on and everything seemed fine. Then it started turning itself off and then the screen started to look a little funny like some pixels were fading. Finally it turned itself off and had a red light. So I went through the TEP replacement and got my replacement a couple of days ago.

Today I went to put the bad phone in the return pouch but thought I would turn it on to see if I could at least salvage the pictures but I didn't figure it would even power up. Well it has been on for a few hours now, everything is working fine and it doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects. Now I don't know if it will start flaking out later on but I may have just wasted a claim and $100. :(

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That phone will developed problems later on.

Next time don't carry the phone to the toilet. ()-:)

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I figured it will degrade over time and get worse but I will never know. On the bright side I saved all my pictures and other stuff.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if, when you opened it up right after it happened did it have water come out of the interior? Did you check to see if the water strip on the end of the battery changed?

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I went swimming with my old Palm Pre in my pocket last summer. As soon as I hit the water, I realized that my phone was in my pocket. I immediately got out of the pool, came home, and let it dry out. The next day, the phone seemed to be working fine. I had the phone for almost 6 months after the incident, and various problems just kept on popping up. Some serious, some not so serious.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I went swimming with my old Palm Pre in my pocket last summer. As soon as I hit the water, I realized that my phone was in my pocket. I immediately got out of the pool, came home, and let it dry out. The next day, the phone seemed to be working fine. I had the phone for almost 6 months after the incident, and various problems just kept on popping up. Some serious, some not so serious.

The issues could have just been the Palm Pre being a poorly made phone. I've been so frustrated with mine and I didn't drop it or submerge it before.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if, when you opened it up right after it happened did it have water come out of the interior? Did you check to see if the water strip on the end of the battery changed?

I grabbed it immediately since the toilet had been flushed prior to the drop. Otherwise it would probably still be in there! ;) There was no water that came out of the interior. I had a rubber protective cover for the back of the phone but it has all the ports exposed. I am not familiar with the water strip thing you mention. I still have the old battery since I haven't sent my phone back yet. What is it and what do I look for?

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The issues could have just been the Palm Pre being a poorly made phone. I've been so frustrated with mine and I didn't drop it or submerge it before.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Nah, I had no problems at all before going swimming with it. Problems only started popping up after I went swimming with it.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Trust and believe it's over for that phone same thing happen to my first Evo, and after making the claim everything seemed like it was working fine. I was even thinking about sending the new phone back once it arrived, but it eventually kept powering on and off on it's on so of course I sent it back!

NasTraDooMis

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate it when this happens. It could've been worse, you could have dropped it down in a portapotty.
Flush.gif