Dropped phone in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Why do people take their phones in to the bathroom. Geezzzzzz. Pretty bad addiction if you can’t be without it for a few mins.

I will never understand this. Why people use their phones near, or on, the toilet boggles my mind. I'm at the toilet to do one of three things - none of which will ever involve a phone. Put the damn thing away, do your business, and move on.

If I'm working from home and on a conference call, or even just on a call talking to a friend, I'm not going to leave the call and ask someone to catch me up, or put someone on hold just to use the restroom.

If I'm in the office, I'm not leaving my phone on my temporary desk to use the restroom, same thing if I'm at a public place.
I don't think it's too difficult to understand.

Milton D

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I'd rather my phone fell down the toilet than touch anything in a public place with my bare skin.
Sick people touching stuff with their dirty hands everywhere.

Yesterday I touched a handle on a bus and the next day I became ill.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Guess most of you don't realize the average phone has more bacteria on it than the average toilet. Phones are filthy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Guess most of you don't realize the average phone has more bacteria on it than the average toilet. Phones are filthy.

That still has nothing to do with me not wanting to drop it into a toilet. I want nothing of mine to ever go in a toilet lol.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there's no such thing lol

Loving all these rich folks who would toss a 1000 dollar phone for falling into a CLEAN toilet. Not for nothing, but if MY phone fell into MY toilet, it would get a thorough cleaning and drying and go right back into service.
I do 99 percent of my actions with a stylus and headset, and from articles I read, most people don't clean their phones all that often.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Loving all these rich folks who would toss a 1000 dollar phone for falling into a CLEAN toilet. Not for nothing, but if MY phone fell into MY toilet, it would get a thorough cleaning and drying and go right back into service.
I do 99 percent of my actions with a stylus and headset, and from articles I read, most people don't clean their phones all that often.
To each their own I suppose

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

Exactly... it was an honest mistake Nd a lesson learned. Some people just need to grow up. The purpose of the initial post was to highlight that the phone is in fact waterproof or at least water resistrant because everything is still working perfectly fine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I'm working from home and on a conference call, or even just on a call talking to a friend, I'm not going to leave the call and ask someone to catch me up, or put someone on hold just to use the restroom.

Nope. That's nasty. I often hear dudes on their phone when they are in the public restroom. Skeeves me right out and I get disgusted on behalf of whatever poor victim they are speaking with.

It's just good manners not to do what goes on in that room while having a conversation with someone.

I don't think it's too difficult to understand.

I don't think my point should be too difficult to understand.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope. That's nasty. I often hear dudes on their phone when they are in the public restroom. Skeeves me right out and I get disgusted on behalf of whatever poor victim they are speaking with.

It's just good manners not to do what goes on in that room while having a conversation with someone.

I don't think my point should be too difficult to understand.

I would hang up on somebody if I thought they were conversing to me from the ****ter. Jesus people. A little bit of decorum is OK you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci