Dropped the phone from 50ft up, worth trying to replace the screen?

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I dropped my phone while I was working in a scissor lift. I would say I was about 50ft up in the air and it fell on a concert floor. Before the phone took a dive, I was listening to music, and AFTER it hit the grown, the music was still playing. I thought the phone survived the drop but once I picked it up, it started to buzz and the phone blacked out.

I can turn off the buzz by removing the battery. If I put the battery back and try to turn on the phone it will start buzzing again.

If I connect the phone to my computer, it the computer recognize SOMETHING was plugged in but can't pick up the phone.

I know no one dropped there phone from 50ft in the air but has anyone had there phone damaged like this where the phone won't even turn on? The replacement screen cost about $110 from amazon. If that is what it takes to fix the phone I am fine but I would hate to waste $110.

Thanks

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd buy a new phone . Who knows what kind of internal damage happened from the fall

Posted via the Android Central App

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
In a way, I've already given up on my Note 3, just looking at any other options before I trash it. I bought the Huawei Honor 5x to replace the Note 3. The Honor 5x is a great phone and has many features, but if I can get the Note 3 back for about $110, I wouldn't mind going back to the Note 3.