E-mail notification while on a phone call.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed notification sounds in the earpiece while you are on a call? I was talking to my dad last night while an e-mail came through. I heard the e-mail notification in the earpiece. My dad said he did not hear anything. It was very loud when it happened. I have not had an e-mail come through while on a call today so I'm not sure if this was a one time thing.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
are you sure about that? i don't see how that would be at all possible seeing as how voice/data simulatenously is not possible on VZW yet.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You'll get a new mail notification only on your ear piece if you're talking while on a wireless network. If you aren't on a wireless network and talking on the phone, you won't get any notifications until you hang up. This is where AT&T wins the 3G talking while able to surf etc on their network.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
are you sure about that? i don't see how that would be at all possible seeing as how voice/data simulatenously is not possible on VZW yet.

I had my phone on WiFi at the time. But, I would still have expected any notification sounds to be muted while on a call. The sound blasting in my ear was very loud.

icanoutfishu13

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, same thing happened to me today and I do not have wifi, I don't even know anything about wifi i'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to technology but I am trying to learn. With that said, is it possible that I am piggybacking or something....( not even sure of proper terminology ) off of a neighbors wifi etc...... Is this possible? And if so how can I tell?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't use wifi cause it isn't convenient for me unless I am in town. I can be on a call and get notified of an email or text NOT ON WIFI. I have the original incredible. I am the only one who hears it and it isn't loud.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

johneightyone

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
just found this when doing a google search.. i often get email notifcations while on a call, and i do NOT have wifi setup on my phone.. not sure how this is possible since i was under the impression that verizon did not support simultaneous data/voice connections....

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting that allows text, mms, and/or email to make a sound in the earpiece while the phone is being in use. Wait! That is on Blackberry devices. :confused: Nevermind. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582