Economical Headunit with a2dp and blutooth calling?

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good economical, under $200 head unit that works well with the gs3 for a2dp streaming and good blutooth calling? Thanx.

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I use LG tone HBS730 (black or white) and Samsung HM1700 (various colors) . I also have the previous generation of the LG unit; had it for 11/2 2yrs and now battery is dead. Good deal imo.
I like the LG. I get good sound and a good frequency range. It is very light-weight and at times you may forget you have it on ya and if necessary you can use just one earpiece and the other one stays secure on the headset. I dont use the included ear rubbers, but the rubbers that came with the factory s3 headset work great. I use the largest pair because I like the earpiece sitting in my ear not shoved in like an earplug. I use it all day on one charge (music, audiobooks). Furthrmore, it also can control s3 video controls and it works with VLC player for Windows (play/pause, fwd, rev, stop, volume, and maybe others i no not about). If you goto app store there are apps specifically for the LG and text to speech is suppose to be available. I have not tried it yet because I dont do text to speech. I think it may be 4.0 compatible, but I cant remember. Moreover, in the s3 setting you can enable/disable the phone/music functions. In other words you can set it to play only audio, only phone, or both.
As for the Samsung, it is a good single earpiece. Does not have the functionality of th LG, but it is more descrete. Unlike the LG there is no flashing blue LED. Good battery life, comfortable.
The LG is what I would recommend, obviously. You can pick it up for a decent deal at Newegg for ?&40-50, but if your willing to order from ATT online I think they have it for ?$35-40. The Samsung can probably be found for cheaper.
Just want to add that the LG vibrates on calls and notifications. Its cool and convienent, but it csn also freak you out if your nit expecting it while driving.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Your welcome. I dislike wires; it is an inconvience. I am always surprised that many will spend hundreds of $'s on a phone and yet do not drop a dime on a good headset. Once you cut the cord its hard to go back.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi