Edge+ 2023 speaker phone garbled

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I like my new Moto but one substantial problem: the speaker phone does not work. Whenever it is turned on, the party on the other side says he can't understand me, everything is garbled. Any fix for this?
Thanks,
Bill

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the sound come out the same way when recording videos or anything that uses the microphone? If so, not much to do other than replace the damaged microphone. If this is happening just in speakerphone, does it happen when using an external microphone (i.e. bluetooth headset)? Does the issue happen with all callers or just certain ones? Since the microphone for speakerphone may be in a different place than the mouthpiece, do you have any cases on the phone that may be interfering with it (blocking it, vibrations, etc.)? Is the speakerphone microphone clean?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
*Does the sound come out the same way when recording videos or anything that uses the microphone? No, audio is normal when recording videos and when using other apps that use the mike. Sound is also normal when making phone calls, unless the Speaker button is pressed, which starts the garbling. I don't have a bluetooth headset.
*Does the issue happen with all callers or just certain ones? It happens with all callers if the Speaker is on. Only my voice is garbled, incoming audio on the speaker is fine.
*Since the microphone for speakerphone may be in a different place than the mouthpiece, do you have any cases on the phone that may be interfering with it (blocking it, vibrations, etc.)? There are 2 microphones on this phone (one on the bottom near the USB charge port, the other on the opposite side), I'm not sure which one the Speaker uses. Both appear to be unblocked, the case is not interfering.
*Is the speakerphone microphone clean? It is a new phone and the microphones appear to be clean.

PaulyRat

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I like my new Moto but one substantial problem: the speaker phone does not work. Whenever it is turned on, the party on the other side says he can't understand me, everything is garbled. Any fix for this?
Thanks,
Bill
O.k. I responded before but I have an update. My experience was identical. I tried a bunch of things mentioned here and on the Moto forums. I took off the case, and ended up dropping it (these things are slippery without the case. ) It put a little chip on the corner. Anyway, I got fed up and sent it back for repair. They sent me back a like-new refurbished, looked new to me. The problem still persists. I'm pretty sure it's a software/settings problem but I still haven't figured it out. It is intermittent. It is annoying. I've been a Motorola G person for several years because my daughters are IPhone people, if you know what I mean. I don't have $4,000 for phone upgrades. And the Gs are great cheapo phones. I like the Moto environment because I'm used to it and I like Gestures. I almost forgot how to use three button navigation! And it's a great phone for half the price of an iphone. But this speaker phone thing is annoying. I'll update if I have anything to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174