Edge lighting

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah default app color , if you choose a color then all come that way , I believe aodnotify can change that though

That's what I thought ok. I like the fireworks though I will use it for a bit. I will try AOD Notify too tomorrow for the day and see how it goes. Thanks!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, I think u need to purchase to unlock that though.

Yeah I purchased it back when I had my S10 +. I just couldn't remember what color was for what I tried to have it match the color of the icon of the app LOL! I think I still left Edge lighting on too which I didn't need to.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what version or model of edge lighting y'all have but I've never had any issues with it , it works as it should everytime out of the box.

Screen on and off it lights up, All apps work with it and not just stock. But I will say this version that shipped with the s21 is a bit more limited. As in you can't turn it off when the screen is on.
Yeah it works great if you happen to be looking at your phone when you get the alert, however there is no persistent notification so to me that is not as useful. Also it's hit or miss what apps outside of stock that it actually works with. At least this is with my experience.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know I just l like edge lighting for now and how I can just tap to see AOD. With AOD Notify I have to keep AOD always on and I don't remember what color goes to what anyways. I see Edge lighting when screen is off so that's good.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used AOD notify for the past few years with no issues. The problem with the native edge lighting, it only works with stock apps with screen off. Or at least that has been my experience. AOD Notify works with all apps. Extremely customizable. Would recommend

I love extremely customizable apps! Perhaps I'll give this a shot. Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Does someone have a link to the AOD notify app you're all referring to? I can't find one with that name.
I've been trying the stock edge lighting settings and it works with text but doesn't seem to with thee Gmail app. Am I missing something in settings?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
What happened to the Notification light around the front facing pinhole camera? Not seeing it in the Edge Lighting options?

Attachments

• 11325.jpg
    11325.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 39

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
it sad for me that Samsung or any of the developers have just forgotten about edge lighting plus for us midrange people, since i updated my A71 to Android 12 the feature has been dull and the etras have never come back.

i hope they do better