EDO1 ComRom 2.0(ukb)

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Do we need to absolutely wipe data if im upgrading from Comm Rom 1.3? or can i just flash 2.0 over 1.3 w/o data wipe?

The installation instructions indicated that you must wipe data.. Unless you were using a Release Candidate - is is strongly recommended that you wipe data...

Posters in another forum have experienced Force Close loops and failed boots due to not following instructions.

Reactions: Jgonzo1299

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Do we need to absolutely wipe data if im upgrading from Comm Rom 1.3? or can i just flash 2.0 over 1.3 w/o data wipe?

Considering the devs said to do it, and said to not even bother for asking for help if you dont wipe and something goes wrong, then yes... i say you absolutely have to

Reactions: Jgonzo1299

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i have a question i just flashed ukb 2.0 and the only problem im having so far is that i can't see the time on my statusbar and i have all the boxes checked. is anyone having the some problem ? i had the some problem with comm rom 1.3 too. does anyone know how i can fix it ? Thanks

You will need to adjust the color of the font in the TSM Parts> Status Bar Settings - Text Color..

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm loving this new ROM. I was able to re-flash every patch from ComRom 1.3, except Launcher2, because of my CWM version. But the theme I am using, Erebos 1.3, is built on Launcher2 and I was able to flash that without issue, so I still have everything I need.

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU to all the folks who made this work. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
loving 2.0 with OTB 1.5, didnt think it could get any better than the original KB but it has. Thanks to all of the devs who continue to support the fascinate community

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm loving this new ROM. I was able to re-flash every patch from ComRom 1.3, except Launcher2, because of my CWM version. But the theme I am using, Erebos 1.3, is built on Launcher2 and I was able to flash that without issue, so I still have everything I need.

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU to all the folks who made this work. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

I have noticed that there are a few posters who are using Launcher2.. There may be others who may want/need it..

I put together an edify scripted patch if needed - Patch Link.

Reactions: anon(94115)

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, the MIUI lockscreen will not show music controls.... I don't remember reading anything about this. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a fix/patch?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, the MIUI lockscreen will not show music controls.... I don't remember reading anything about this. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a fix/patch?

Thanks!

I was only on 2.0 for a bit, but i recall seeing the controls for the miui Lock screen. Did you check in tsm parts that the show music controls is checked? Regardless, i don't think the non touchwiz lock screen music controls will function until the aosp music patch is up.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was only on 2.0 for a bit, but i recall seeing the controls for the miui Lock screen. Did you check in tsm parts that the show music controls is checked? Regardless, i don't think the non touchwiz lock screen music controls will function until the aosp music patch is up.

It works fine for me on the ASOP lockscreen... but it wont show up for MIUI.... confused

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

nbelshaw

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Kindle App crashes

Loving this ROM! Thanks to all to involved developers. I am having just one issue. I followed instructions and did a data wipe prior to install and I used the otb kernel version. Whenever I try to turn the page within any ebook the adp force closes. The problem did not exist under comrom 1.3 but I did experience it when I tried Evilfascination 3.6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Again thanks to all involved in developing these great ROMs.

Nathan
ComRom 2.0 with otb kernel (ED01 radio)

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It works fine for me on the ASOP lockscreen... but it wont show up for MIUI.... confused

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Hmmm i'm stumped then. Again, I only tinkered with ukb 2.0 for a short time but I tested all the lockscreens and music controls worked for me on puzzle, epic, slide, and sgs2 lockscreens. Music controls were there, but didnt work for me on aosp,4tab, miui, and rotary. I guess you could try wiping everything and reflashing, or wait for the aosp music patch and see if that fixes it.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Seems to work fine for me. You have to actually be playing music though before it will show up on the lockscreen.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Loving this ROM! Thanks to all to involved developers. I am having just one issue. I followed instructions and did a data wipe prior to install and I used the otb kernel version. Whenever I try to turn the page within any ebook the adp force closes. The problem did not exist under comrom 1.3 but I did experience it when I tried Evilfascination 3.6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Again thanks to all involved in developing these great ROMs.

Nathan
ComRom 2.0 with otb kernel (ED01 radio)

Seems like other people were having this issue as well. It seems that the older version of the app works. You can read about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108078

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere