End of Sept and this Update is amazing...

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I really think anyone who hasn't rooted their DNA at this point is really just delaying the inevitable. Yes, it's unfortunate that one might have to do it to get timely updates considering the carriers and manufacturer should continue supporting a device that's less than one year old; but if you're the type of person who buys a carrier branded non-nexus phone and expects nexus-like updates, rooting is mandatory. I've been running 4.2.2 on my DNA for months now with no issues, and I'm pretty certain it will soon be 4.3, before the other carrier ONEs get it, even. When the choice comes down to either purchase a new phone, which in a year could possibly be in the same predicament as your current (nexus non withstanding), or modding your current device to allow for timely updates, I would rather do the later. Certainly, since the DNA is such a beautiful piece of hardware that still runs spectacularly. Software not considered, it is in no way outdated, and the software can be easily changed. This is of course, personal opinion.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer,

Slightly OT, but if you root can you use Google wallet for P.O.S purchases? Or is it still locked up?

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Did the current update. A few apps like Phase10 and ispades run much better. I used to have a lot of FC issues with Phase10 and general choppiness with ispades. Both run much more smoothly now with no FC from Phase10. On the down side My Olive Tree app still runs very slow.
I did have one random reboot a few hours after the update, but that's been it as far as possible problems.
I'm not noticing anything else. My phone has always been snappy.
BTW I'm running stock, not rooted yet.

cbilash

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
To me it's just a matter of being able to make an informed choice. My DNA screen is cracked and it's not under warranty so I have to get a new phone. I would just like to know if the DNA is going to be updated or not. And if it is, to what version. If not, then I can make the decision of getting another DNA knowing it will only be at 4.1. However, if I like the new features etc in 4.2 or 4.3 or 4.4 then I know I need to search for a new phone. It's not a matter of being entitled or expecting an update, just to know my options.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Dark- Just got this phone, cant find an easy root guide anywhere....how do you root this thing?!!

I used the revone method on XDA, not sure if it still works since the last update. Moonshine would be considered the easy one I guess.

And I'm not sure about wallet. I've never had to use it.

theo_ruxbin

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to skip through the first few pages of whining.
New here. Have had my DNA for about 2 weeks now and love it. Still on 4.1.1 and Sense 4+, are there any currently available updates I am missing?
Girlfriend just picked up the DROID Ultra with 4.2.2 and I think it looks amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216