evbridge - battery drain, hot phone

cubus

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I never had an issue with this until last Friday. I'm using Lapdock500, car dock and HD dock.
After every use of these docks now, the evbridge gets hanged up, drains my battery and makes my phone quite hot.

Anyone else started having issues with it recently?

Diy_R

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
No solution, only empathy:

I've been noticing the same issue for about a week now - after the time change. Evbridge, when I use a dock during the day, is responsible for close to 50% of my battery drain and the phone runs considerably hotter with run time down to 7 hours (I can get 21 hours on a light use cycle.

I use the Lapdock 500 and Car Dock. The only fix for me has been to do a power button + volume rocker down reset, I can't find where to stop or control evbridge by itself. After a little googling it looks like it is a service that is part of Webtop.

zghortaman

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Droid Razr. Noticed it started happening over the last few days. Even my wife mentoned to me that my phone seems "hot".

I regularly switch between a Lapdock 100, a car dock and three desktop docks. The only fix I've found so far is to power down completely, *not* dock it, and then recharge via a direct charger into the charger port.

I see the evbridge is listed as taking just under 50% of my battery power. Plus it takes *forvever* for it to charge when evbridge is rearing its head.

What is going on? Is there a fix for this? I hope Motorola knows it's an issue.:mad:

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the lapdock 500 and after every use I also get the evbridge battery drain. As has already been mentioned I just reboot it and it's fine. Interestingly I don't have this issue using the HD dock or the car dock.

Diy_R

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thought you might all be interested to see a fix from Motorola is on the way:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/03ca564803?start=16&stop=30

The work around right now is to turn off auto time update, this is the quote from the other forum (funny that my iPhone 3GS had issues changing time zones too - go figure):

posted April 2, 2012 by peter_m
Hi All,

Again thanks for using Motorola products and your interest in Webtop and the Lapdocks.

There is a similar thread on this here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/abcac5cec2

We do have a workaround which is as follows:

1. Turn off Automatic Date/Time/Timezone settings.

2. Change to a time zone that does not match your own.

3. Reboot the phone.

4. Change to your preferred time zone, do NOT enable Automatic Date/Time/Timezone.

5. Launch Webtop

You should now be free of the evbridge deadloop/current drain issue as long as you don't re-enable the Auto settings. We are working on a fix, at this time we cannot say whether or not it will be in the next maintenance release but there will be an update to Webtop which will have it fixed.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Reactions: sj993

blowabs

May 27, 2012
Visit site
..........oh, noooooooo...still battery drain with web top 3.0.... AND ,,,how do you find setting for battery charging of MAXX and/or LD 500...??????? thx folks

blowabs

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok...working absolutely great (now that I did a factory reset on my MAXX)!!!!!!!!!............hmmmm...could be goodbye to the 'ol ipad3eeeeee....:D

Last edited: