Evo 3D vs. Galaxy Within

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
Phones are easy to hack (especially android) and you want to give them access to your funds because you want your wallet to be a couple credit cards lighter, ridicules.

the internet is dangerous, you want to pay your bills online? (in the context of 15 yrs ago) my point is it's a convenience factor. And if I can use my phone for everything.. pay, metro, bus, those reward cards everyone has (yes, I know there's a solution for this already)... it would certainly be nice. would I use it if it wasn't secure? of course not. my points were implied security would be taken care of. again, hence me not seeing it taking off all that quickly because it's going to cost a bundle to get it right and ubiquitous. Hell, the latter issue is probably the bigger one.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The fact that the SG2 is from Samsung kills it right their imo.

This is crazy talk in my opinion. Samsung is pretty new to Android and they have made a huge leap from last year in regards to hardware. You can't judge their performance from last year as a gauge of how things will be.

Samsung is an awesome tech company and the bashing is unwarranted. If this year they drop the ball then I would understand the backlash. It's obvious they mean business with the GSII and when the GSIII drops early next year it will give people whiplash. It's going to be a stellar piece of equipment. The point is, they mean business. They are aiming to take over the Android market and I THINK they are well aware now of how to go about that.

It just seems like some just want to regurgitate what everyone else says without really thinking about it. It's almost like a catch phrase "good luck with the updates" Judge their performamnce after this next go around. They were rookies last year.

anon(197032)

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am going to miss kickstand thou, I used it everyday. My brother who is an iphoner made fun of it till he got a cheap iPhone case with a stand on it to watch netflix

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am going to miss kickstand thou, I used it everyday. My brother who is an iphoner made fun of it till he got a cheap iPhone case with a stand on it to watch netflix

Only good thing about that is that it's going to get a pretty slick looking (at least imo) official HTC case with a kickstand.

HTC EVO 3D kickstand case shows up for $29.99

Edit: Then again that will probably only be useful for me until Seidio releases their extended battery for the EVO 3D which is always a MUST anytime I buy a new phone.

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung knows what they're doing with hardware. I think they're one of the few companies that could give apple a good run regarding hardware...considering most of the components they use are in house.

Now that I think about it, are they the only company to use their own processors?

Which brings us to software. Hopefully Samsung has learned their lesson about bringing timely os updates.

mathieumcbee

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
had a chance to play with the EVO 3D already and its not that gereat i have to say i was disappointed. The camera is not real 3d yes it takes two pictures but then when u look at the screen you have to tilt and move the phone around til one image is on top of the other to make a "3D' picture. so in my opinion thats not real 3D.On the flip side the new IU is sweet. I switched to ATT and got the Samsung Infuse...... Great Phone love the big screen and really fast

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
had a chance to play with the EVO 3D already and its not that gereat i have to say i was disappointed. The camera is not real 3d yes it takes two pictures but then when u look at the screen you have to tilt and move the phone around til one image is on top of the other to make a "3D' picture. so in my opinion thats not real 3D.On the flip side the new IU is sweet. I switched to ATT and got the Samsung Infuse...... Great Phone love the big screen and really fast

So the only thing you didn't like was the 3D pictures.

Sounds like WIN to me.

As for you switching to ATT and going with the infuse.....sorry to hear that, sounds like your basing your opinion on the fact you lost and are now stuck with a carrier and phone that are NO BUENO and your trying to convince yourself otherwise.

But there is the possibility that I'm wrong, and your infuse totally rocks dude.

But I totz doubtz Dat.

Holt85

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The evo 3d is coming out june 24 and im number 4 on the list to get it. I going to sell my first evo when the 3d comes out.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, considering wimax is **** here and i never use it anyways 4G really isnt an issue for me. Id really like to know a ballpark of when the sgs2 is coming out though. Ill probably just buy the 3d and then sell it when the sgs2 comes out.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, considering wimax is **** here and i never use it anyways 4G really isnt an issue for me. Id really like to know a ballpark of when the sgs2 is coming out though. Ill probably just buy the 3d and then sell it when the sgs2 comes out.

Rumors are end of July. I think I read that on Androidspin

rockky

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Had the Evo since day 1. LOVED IT!
Have been using the SG2 (on AT&T) along with it leading up to the 3D release which I'd intended on getting. If the Within is a solid bet for Sprint It'l likely be the Within.
People this ain't no Epic. Samsung is the most aggressive manufacturer in the market right now and this thing rights any wrongs associated with Samsung in the past and this just outstrips the HTC Evo in user experience (subjective!).
I have bloatware gone, it is fiercely fast, using LauncherPro, and it's overclocked. Thing feels great especially with the matted back. I'm a sucker for eyecandy and this looks luxurious...sexy as hell. Video recording rocks (if you like that).
It's doubtful the 3D can match this experience...
HTC will always be the great player, but unless their roadmap involves some groundbreaking stuff, Samsung will be the manufacturer dujour by 2012... Watchit! You Samsung haters here: deal with it. EVO 3D will still be an awesome device obviously.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm just gonna chime in here haha its getting pretty violent.
I've owned the iphone4 moto atrix and the HTC inspire, and recently have received my sgs2 and am on at&t's hspa+ network.
Boy does this thing fly. It is the best phone I have owned, not by far but it is. Smoother than my inspire though I do prefer sense. And honestly, this samoled screen is better and just more vibrant than my atrix qhd display. Just my opinion of course.
Now the evo 3d looks amazing and no doubt will be a top tier phone for a good year with the sgs2, but I am loving this device and am not planning on crossing to sprint to pick up a 3d. Now that being said sprint members would probably be better off picking the 3d up if the sgs2 is being delayed. But if you wait for it, you will not be dissapointed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sammy is definitely a great tech company, they make amazing TVs. But their track record on phones so far has sucked donkeys. I'm not going to chance it with them until they have gotten it right at least once. Moto and HTC have hit homerun after homerun and they don't seem to be changing the formula at this point. Maybe the SGS2 will be the one Sammy finally gets right but I'm not going to bet on it just yet. There simply isn't enough of a difference and NFC is still so new it doesn't make a bit of difference. Maybe in a year of 2, but by then everyone will have it.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sammy is definitely a great tech company, they make amazing TVs. But their track record on phones so far has sucked donkeys. I'm not going to chance it with them until they have gotten it right at least once. Moto and HTC have hit homerun after homerun and they don't seem to be changing the formula at this point. Maybe the SGS2 will be the one Sammy finally gets right but I'm not going to bet on it just yet. There simply isn't enough of a difference and NFC is still so new it doesn't make a bit of difference. Maybe in a year of 2, but by then everyone will have it.

It depends on what you define as homerun. The SGS1 sold very well so im not sure where you're going with that one. HTC's success lies in the fact that they put out a ton of phones every year. I mean like right now you have the Incredible 2, the Desire S, the 3D, Thunderbolt, Sensation, Inspire, etc. Now I cant speak for anyone else but ive had a ton of problems with HTC's phones.. but ive stuck with em... up until now. I mean the TP1 keyboard fiasco, the TP2 problems, the dust under the screen Heros, the light leaking/screen tearing/crack near power button Evos.. I mean no device is perfect. Im not going to sit here and hype up the SGS2 but as of right now I can definitely see myself getting it over the 3D. Wouldnt really expect many here to agree but im not loyal to a brand I just want the best option, period. And if the 3D is as laggy as the Sensation has been.. I just dont know...

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just gonna chime in here haha its getting pretty violent.
I've owned the iphone4 moto atrix and the HTC inspire, and recently have received my sgs2 and am on at&t's hspa+ network.
Boy does this thing fly. It is the best phone I have owned, not by far but it is. Smoother than my inspire though I do prefer sense. And honestly, this samoled screen is better and just more vibrant than my atrix qhd display. Just my opinion of course.
Now the evo 3d looks amazing and no doubt will be a top tier phone for a good year with the sgs2, but I am loving this device and am not planning on crossing to sprint to pick up a 3d. Now that being said sprint members would probably be better off picking the 3d up if the sgs2 is being delayed. But if you wait for it, you will not be dissapointed.

It really does sound like an awesome phone, but I'm pretty comfortable with HTC. I know they are a good brand, and HTC/Sprint have really treated me well over the years. So to some extent there is customer loyalty involved. As long as they keep making excellent products, I will support them. I don't think the few slight improvements are enough for me to trade in my loyalty (plus, I'm a bit nervous to switch to Samsung because of their track record with phones so far).

No doubt it's a great phone, and it may be slightly better than the Evo 3D, but it won't be an earth shattering difference that will make me crap my pants. It's just another of many great phones :)

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
if the GS2 was confirmed for Sprint and had a relase date then it would be a consideration. As it stands we don't have a release date for the 3D.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly mat, both of these phones are amazing and can't just beat the other one. Its all personal choice, and that's cool. Everyone needs a phone that's good for them.
For me though, seriously I have not seen colors till I got this sgs2, and daaaang is it a night and day difference from my the inspire and atrix, just rich colors are incredible.
And just loaded first custom rom on this bad boy, litening rom 1.1 is faaaast, and a sexy rich blue theme to boot. Overclocked also hits 3600 quadrant no custom kernels. Its nice.

Reactions: yourfriendmat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder