Exchange account on phone is requiring password, even though security policy allows PIN or password

A

AC Question

I have had an exchange account for my work email address on my Nexus 6 (running Android 7.0 currently) for 2+ years without issue. Having the account on my phone requires that I either use a PIN or a password, and I have been using a PIN. Yesterday my Gmail app began telling me I need to update my security settings for my exchange account, and when I tap the notification, it sends me to the security page for unlock options and password is the only option that is available (everything else is grayed out). My office IT group told me they have made no changes to the policy, and there should be no reason my phone would require me to do this. I removed the account and readded it a few times, but it immediately required only a password each time. Then I removed it and did a factory reset last night, and it worked...temporarily. It let me choose a PIN. But when I woke up this morning, I had the same Security settings update notification in the notification shade to change to a password. Any advice? What's causing this?

rreemers

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Had the exact same issue. Also my co workers (who use a google rom on their phone (one plus, motorola xiaomi etc..))had this issue.
Seems that the latests gmail app update causes this issue. I removed this update and mail syncing continued without any prompts. Hope google will address this issue soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya