external battery/charger

mikeinpa

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I ride my bicycle for very long distances. I have a Galaxy S3 and use the mapmyride app with the GPS turned on. I am looking for an external battery/charger that not only can hold a good charge (more than one phone charge) but also a charger that allows me to use the app and GPS while the phone is recharging. I have found a few chargers but they all say they do not recommend use while recharging. Can anyone suggest a good external battery/charger for my situation? Thanks

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my external charger and I wouldn't dream of taking my Droid anywhere without it! It's from Verizon made by Motorola. P4000 on the label, it's universal and has enough "juice" to charge two devices at the same time. Also I use my phone while it's charging at least 90% of the time. It's really too bad GPS drains your battery like it does. I use it constantly as a commuter and it actually gets hot to the touch because it's "working" so hard. Hope this helps, good luck :)

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~ Milton Berle

Jamse2

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You can go for a RavPower 14000mAh as from what you say you need a juicy one with 2 outputs. I've got one and I'm pretty happy with it.
If you prefer a lighter one, this model also has an alternate 8400mAh model. My wife got one and it's smaller and lighter than mine.

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
An extended battery means much long talk time and GPS use time.Before upgrade my phone to Galaxy S5,I used a Onite 4500mAh extended battery with a blue cover,this could help you for your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy