External USB mic stopped working on Pixel 2XL only...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All...

I have a Samson Go external mic that I hook to my Pixel 2XL using an adapter. Since the native video camera doesn't support external microphones, I use Open Camera and it worked Great.

However, since the last security update I believe, the mic is no longer registered when connected to the phone. The light on the mic doesn't light up and it won't record any audio.

It works fine in a laptop, however. I even swapped adapters....

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001R76D4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6288684

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any thoughts?
If you think this behavior started with the last Security update you could try loading the firmware from the previous build. Unfortunately this isn't a great option because:
- if it does work that means you'll effectively be stuck on that Security update
- there's no guarantee that loading the older firmware will overwrite whatever got updated (it may be a file that's not part of the earlier version, therefore it won't get written; or, if it is part of the earlier version, it may not overwrite a newer version)
I don't remember seeing any USB functionality listed in the latest Security update but perhaps someone else will chime in about that.