face recognition

yayo151

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Recently got the note 20 ultra and I am wondering how good the face recognition is? Any pros and cons from people who have used it?

Robert Sisson

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same found and have found the face recognition often hit and miss. I've even entered an alternate face (of me naturally), so it has two different views to choose from. I personally had better luck, in the past, with eye recognition on an older note.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
@yayo151 are you concerned with security, or ease of use? I've rarely had issues with face recognition (except when in dark areas, when wearing a mask, etc.), and it is extremely fast. But it's also insecure, and can be tricked by a hi res photo. So you can't use it for certain Samsung Knox secured applications like Samsung Pay. Long story short, if you're not worried much about personal security then go for it. If you are, then stick to the fingerprint scanner.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Disappointed with face recognition on mine. Oddly better on S20. Used same method, two face profiles. I miss how well and easy iPhone works consistently and quick from iPhone X thru 11 and 12. So I usually end up using fingerprint

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My face recognition seems to work decent most of the time. Fingerprint...that's a different story.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
For me Facial recogniton is something I do not like.

Say I'm paranoid.

But for the government to have cameras everywhere.
And when you walk out in public they can spot you and keep up with where you are.

And remember, it our government can use facial recognition so can other governments.

Why not just microchip everybody.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Having come from the Note 9, I won't use the facial recognition feature. I wish that they had kept the far more secure iris scanner, but Samsung has to make the screen more important than any useful feature.

If it is not reliable enough to be used for Samsung pay, then I will just have to put up with fingerprint only unlock.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It works 75% of the time for me. Same for the finger print sensor under the screen. I miss the finger print sensor on the back of the note 9. Besides that the phone is fantastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claudio1986saavedra