Facebook causing phone to freeze/crash/reboot

briddj

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this?

My phone will either freeze completely and need a hard reboot, or it will simply restart itself. It is happening almost every half an hour I'd say.

I've narrowed it down to being Facebook as the phone is not crashing when the app is disabled. It was crashing with both Facebook and Messenger - and also when just one of the two are running.

I've trying reinstalling Facebook but the problem just returns.

Any ideas? I'd obviously prefer to actually have the Facebook app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for Facebook Messenger.

CynthiaKMiller

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I also have this problem on my Acer A1 810 tablet. I thought something was corrupt, so I factory reset and then the first time I log into Facebook after I reinstalled everything, it did it again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, a recent update to the app might be causing some kind of incompatibility with your device. Send Facebook some feedback about this, and in the meantime, use the Facebook mobile site on your tablet's browser, which is about as functional as the app.

Snowbaby034

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site

My phone will either freeze completely and need a hard reboot, or it will simply restart itself. It is happening almost every half an hour I'd say.

I've narrowed it down to being Facebook as the phone is not crashing when the app is disabled. It was crashing with both Facebook and Messenger - and also when just one of the two are running.

I have the same exact issue, I've also tried reinstalling, getting protection apps, clear all the extra stuff on my phone I don't use, keep clearing cashe .. Nothing works. The app is Junkk. I thought it was my phone at first until I started to notice it only happened when I tried to do something on Facebook. Let me know if you find something that works.

Sandi H

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I also thought it was my phone since its been acting up. But I noticed it is only when I click on the facebook app it will reboot my phone. Been doing it since I did the last update, I can't uninstall or remove from my phone either. I cleared all cache and re did what I could with the app and it still does it. Good to know I am not the only one. Is there any other way to fix? Or do I need to contact Facebook *haha* like they would listen anyways..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't work, tried several times. If it was that simple, NoOne would have the F'ingg issue ..

Welcome to Android Central! Who are you responding to? It can help to use the Quote button when responding directly to another post.

Oftentimes, what may seem simple to one person is not immediately obvious to another, so it doesn't hurt to make the suggestion.

Stormy544

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have had this same problem with the random restarting......one thing I noticed was once it restarts, it will no longer detect my wifi..unless I turn the wifi off and then back on again. This hasn't been a problem until recent??

james2017

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
Having the same problem with my android tablet. Everything works well until I click on FB. Have tried to access FB from different browsers instead of a regular shortcut. Same problem.
Not does my device freeze and reboot, but after reboot my wifi dies. Very strange.
Good luck trying to talk with someone at Facebook.

Jim

Rebekahhh

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issues, for the past week and a half or so. It took me awhile to realize it only happened when I was using the Facebook app, I get angry at my Samsung Galaxy S4 for being slow all the time... but this crashing and rebooting nonsense is REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES.

rhythms

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

Not getting it with messenger, only Facebook. Facebook has done this before on purpose, to test the threshold of customers, basically to see how much users would endure before they gave up. Wouldn't have thought it was that this time tho, as Facebook is all about making money now, and they can't get money by crashing their app.

azepeda923

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issues, for the past week and a half or so. It took me awhile to realize it only happened when I was using the Facebook app, I get angry at my Samsung Galaxy S4 for being slow all the time... but this crashing and rebooting nonsense is REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES.

I HAD the same issue & I emphasized the word had because now my phone is completely frozen at the start up carrier logo. I've done all restarts & nothing worked. Has anyone heard from Facebook in regards to this problem? I obviously need a new phone & I say Facebook needs to pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

zapika

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
this is happening to me too, using facebook suddenly freezes and the phone restarts, i have a galaxy S4 with KitKat, hope someone can bring some light here

james2017

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Yes, when I access Facebook from the android app, seconds after FB opens, my tablet reboots.
After rebooting, I have no internet connection despite showing a strong wifi signal on the device.
When I access FB via a browser manually, there are no issues. Not a hugh problem, but definitely a FB app issue.

Naziae

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I've got the same problem. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I've done all the clearing of the cache, updating, un installing and reinstalling and nothing has changed

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe