Facebook causing phone to freeze/crash/reboot

mcploxx

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem.

Try downloading Facebook Lite (it's terrible) but it doesn't crash.

At least, while FB app fix up their problem.

:)

samy1610

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been through this since the last update 109.0.0
And clearly the app is the problem
Try downloading an older apk Facebook version , like 107 or 106 .. That would fix the problem I guess

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There are also Facebook-alternative browser apps/sites that will function similarly to the actual app; but won't eat your data or battery. :)

cap10p

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem... but, it only happens after the background services of Facebook app stops... I tried to do some tests- when I force stop Facebook or greenify it, only then the phone reboots, it works fine after the reboot. If after the reboot, I force stop it instead of opening it, it reboots as usual... also, this happens since the "stable" version that was released in mid December... I think it was 106.something... so, if you can keep the background services of Facebook alive, then maybe, the phone won't reboot

Kingmumbles88

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this?

My phone will either freeze completely and need a hard reboot, or it will simply restart itself. It is happening almost every half an hour I'd say.

I've narrowed it down to being Facebook as the phone is not crashing when the app is disabled. It was crashing with both Facebook and Messenger - and also when just one of the two are running.

I've trying reinstalling Facebook but the problem just returns.

Any ideas? I'd obviously prefer to actually have the Facebook app.

I had this problem until today. If you have a samsung go into settings click more then click about device, software update then click update. Gives ya phone the latest version from samsung and have since had no issues with Facebook

ofili

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I also have this problem. My samsung restarts sometimes when I click on facebook app. Very annoying. My phone software is updated but yet the problem still remains.

tyckle

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue as well.

I'm finding that the first time I open FB after a freeze/restart, it doesn't crash. But it crashes all subsequent visits to the app. So a workaround I'm using until this is hopefully resolved is to close the app (by holding down home button, etc.) then reopen each time I want to check it. When I do that, no crashes!

But yeah, FB really needs to fix this. It's so annoying.

amalthea_2

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
This is happening with mine. Every time that I use Facebook, my phone reboots. I have a Galaxy S4. In addition, it is also doing this.....see picture. facebook.jpg

Driving me crazy lately. So as soon as I get on Facebook, it either crashes my phone completely or does this then crashes.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling Facebook, empty the cache, default settings for FAcebook, etc. I cannot figure out what else to do. my phone will even reboot if i forget to cancel out of Facebook all together. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DINGO63

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I am experiancing the same issues.
Samsung S4 reboots when accessing Facebook app. No other app affected.
Any help or advice appreciated

koverss

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I've had the very same problem, app was instantly rebooting my Xperia L after opening it. Got current system update but that answer made me try updating system apps that I downgraded to fabric versions to get more space (such as TrackId etc. ) weird part is that after updating them to current versions my fb app stopped acting up and works fine so.. Dunno why it worked for me but its worth a shot

mikeliew

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
hi, i just happen to factory reset my phone and after installing the fb it ask me to syn my fb with other apps. When i did that, it reboots the phone. Once reboot, i disable the fb SNM and then i could use my fb apps normally.

ofili

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this?

My phone will either freeze completely and need a hard reboot, or it will simply restart itself. It is happening almost every half an hour I'd say.

I've narrowed it down to being Facebook as the phone is not crashing when the app is disabled. It was crashing with both Facebook and Messenger - and also when just one of the two are running.

I've trying reinstalling Facebook but the problem just returns.

Any ideas? I'd obviously prefer to actually have the Facebook app.

I have figured out a solution for my Samsung Galaxy. Uninstall facebook app. and install facebook lite app. if you still want facebook. That solves the problem.

SLC_mum

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the same exact issue, I've also tried reinstalling, getting protection apps, clear all the extra stuff on my phone I don't use, keep clearing cashe .. Nothing works. The app is Junkk. I thought it was my phone at first until I started to notice it only happened when I tried to do something on Facebook. Let me know if you find something that works.

I have the same problem. I have cleared the cache, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app with the same problem. I am getting fed up. My phone is pretty much the only place I pull up Facebook.:mad: :'(

onestoptakeaway

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Good to know there are so many people are having the Facebook crashing problem as I thought something was wrong with my cellphone. Just started about 2 mths whenever I start FB app, my Huawei Mate MT1-06 reboots immediately.

wecaz

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with Lenovo tablet.

Tablet immediately reboots without proper shutdown while using Facebook app.

No issue with wifi observed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia