Factory Reset; Can't restore?

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have nowhere else to turn, guys, please help me out.

After I received the update, my phone slowed considerably. It may have been a result of some other things, but point is, it slowed. To the point where I was waiting for a couple of minutes for a simple text to load.
I cleared out my storage to see if that would fix the problem, but that didn't work. Someone suggested a factory reset, so after a lot of contemplating, I backed everything up onto my HTC Backup Account (Linked with Google Drive) and went for it.
Normally, after a factory reset, the setup screen should ask you, "How do you want to set up your phone?" Or something along those lines, and one of those options should be to restore from a backup. The name of this screen should be "Set up your phone" at the top.
After my reset, I was just taken to "Setup Wizard", which gave me no option to restore from a backup, but only let me put in a Google account and gave me the option of restoring my contacts.
ALL of my important data is on that backup, and I have nothing on my phone right now.
I've tried connecting with my Google and HTC Accounts, but there is still no option to restore from those backups.
I've tried, through the HTC Backup App, to restore, but the option to restore from backup is greyed out because "you have already completed backup or restore on this phone".
I'm extremely frustrated and frantic to get my data back. Without that backup/restore I have to reinstall every single app by hand, reorganize everything I had, and even somehow get a couple of contacts back, since the Setup Wizard's contact restoring didn't seem to be up to date. Even in doing so I would still be missing a huge chunk of my phone.
Is there anything I can do? Why is my phone showing me the Setup Wizard instead of the "Set up your phone" screen?

I have the 32 GB HTC One with Verizon, and the phone was purchased September 2013.

phillyhtc

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate to tell ya, but that feature doesn't seem to work :( I've factory reset my phone twice (after the update to 4.3 and 4.4) and both times, I was unable to restore my data and settings. You could have backed up your text messages separately though although this tip does you no good now. If you use Play Music or iTunes, you can easily get your tunes back. Google+ Auto Back up and now Drive are great solutions to keep you photos in the cloud (if you feel safe about it). Luckily, I took those steps this time around but I feel your pain because i lost everything going to 4.3. It's something HTC needs to fix because Restore really doesn't seem to work at all.