Factory Reset Diary?

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Just recently got stellar battery performance, check it out, 3+ days! Notice the wifi, I turned it off before leaving the house, and didn't bring it with me to gym. So the tip here? Take the "mobile" out of mobile device, and you'll be right as rain, lol!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418870269516.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418870269516.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 12

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
And.. I'm back in the dog house. Posting this because the graphs look so unusual. Today I had a spate of episodes where the Sim card "undocked", you know where it disconnects and there is no signal? That's marked by the plateau and sharp drop off. Weird, don't know why it happened, or why it would cause the battery to drain like that. anyway, one third the life this time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419045166758.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419045166758.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 9

pithypants

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
My old Maxx is really in its last days... it has been increasingly laggy for a long time, and recently has also started to involuntarily freeze and reboot. I suspect battery problems may be contributing to the symptoms, but based on some stuff I read here, about week ago or so I decided to do the "clear cache partition", along with uninstalling and disabling several suspect apps. This did not make a difference. I was able to reduce the frequency of freezing/rebooting by paying closer attention to apps running in the background, and only running a few at a time.

So today I did the factory reset. Still does the freeze/reboot. I'm cautiously re-downloading and updating apps at a bare minimum for now, and there is little to no lag at any time thus far. But I thought it was interesting to see a feature reappear that I had lost when I updated the o.s. from the original i.c.s. to Jelly Bean. After the reset today, I now have my stock "power control" toggles with one-click gps button!

Screenshot_2014-12-25-01-48-38.png

pithypants

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I've done a factory reset several times recently on my Razr Maxx and have not seen that appear.

To clarify, the widget didn't just "appear" on the screen as soon as I did the reset. Sorry if my wording implied that. I found it when I was doing some customizing of my homescreens. I hadn't been able to find it after the jellybean ota, and instead had been using one of the third party power toggles which send you to the location services settings page with redundant permissions popups.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
OK, thanks. About ready to toss my MAXX on the floor. So damn slow, most of the time. Been trying to reset/tweak, etc. I really don't want to get rid of this phone, but it's frustrating how slow and unresponsive it gets. Trying to find the best system monitoring type tool, in hopes that it will tell me what the hell is the problem.

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Bumping as I noticed something that really bothers me. Airplane mode is hopeless. I should say returning out of airplane mode is hopeless. I just now turn the phone off when I'm in sketchy coverage areas. Not sure how this happened, but will try deleting text conversations first, see if that helps.

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, maybe I should try that. I deleted any text threads that had over 50 count and, maybe I'm imagining things but it seems like it is much faster. I've read that advice in the past but didn't believe it.

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Posting two battery reports since deleting texts, dramatically better. Have to confirm that airplane mode works better now

74bf73ea4286896d3e9ddade9aacacc2.jpg

2519d8ebc6637205f4e8866a2964eeb6.jpg

jfslater98

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Last post on this matter. I've moved over to iPhone. It became clear shortly after this last post that it needed ANOTHER factory reset. One of my best friends had a "hidden" contact book entry. Couldn't be found on any search, yet there he was in my texts. The ones I had to keep deleting to make this phone work. I had to write his phone number down from the text to then share it out via another text. Phone calls started dropping, needed to leave wifi off at all times as any change in network condition would render it helpless, etc. etc. We'll see if this experiment holds up in another year. I retain the Nexus 9 tablet, and may fiddle about with rooting my old Droid X. But I need my phone to make phone calls and this is the 2nd Android phone that didn't age well. No hate for Android, I see its strengths, but they never seemed to pay off for me. We'll see how I chafe against the walled garden.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos