Factory resetting a brand new device.....

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
For reference I picked up the s22u 512g unlocked from Samsung.

It is just sometimes needed. Does it suck having to immediately setup your phone again only a few days after getting it? The answer is yes, it does suck to do this. What makes it harder is Samsungs terrible backup offerings. I got excited when I saw they did encrypted backups now using smart switch. Don't be fooled it's nothing like apples encrypted back ups. You literally have to set everything up again including all your accounts.

The reasons for the factory reset was mainly the battery. It was like terribly bad, more so than what should be expected. Yes the device learns and all that. After the reset I am at 55% battery with just over 4 hours of SOT. Before the reset I would be at 3-4 SOT with 10-15% left.

Literally everyone of my apps opened noticably slower than my s21. I did a side by side and I was correct, the s21 opened every app faster than the s22u I just got.

Wifi was just plain terrible, it was either disconnecting or just laughably slow. When doing speedtests between my devices, s21 5g, iphone 13 pro and this s22u. The s22u was always dead last. At one point I just turned wifi off because my 5g was better.

I sucked it up and did a factory reset 4 days after getting the device and everything seems to be working as expected. Wifi is faster, apps load as they should and my battery life is doing well. Part of me thinks it may have to do with smart switch transferring all my data from my 13pro. That was the phone I was using most recently for the last few months. Sometimes **** just gets wonky went setting up a device from a different one.

Just a post about why sometimes this is needed on a new out of the box device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung smart switch on PC backs up everything, only thing I have to input again is bank apps and it's encrypted don't see difference with apple back up to Samsung smart switch I use both

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Samsung smart switch on PC backs up everything, only thing I have to input again is bank apps and it's encrypted don't see difference with apple back up to Samsung smart switch I use both
Not a single account or email or anything was backed up when I used smart switch on my pc with an encrypted backup. I had to go in and sign back in to all my email accounts, samsung account, reddit, discord, literally ever app that had a login.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not a single account or email or anything was backed up when I used smart switch on my pc with an encrypted backup. I had to go in and sign back in to all my email accounts, samsung account, reddit, discord, literally ever app that had a login.
You use Samsung pass and Google autofill
As soon as I open a app it ask fingerprint verification with either Pass or Google?

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Transfering old phone LG V40 ThinQ to samsung S21 5G did not work at all for me....
I ended up using AT&T transfer; worked perfectly!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred