Fastest, most stable, lightest rom.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I'm using PowerWashed Gingerbread latest ROM. It's great, it's fast. But I notice my memory is dropping to 32~MB, and my phone gets laggy.

I'm getting exhausted from installing & Reinstalling roms over and over only to have them slow down after a few weeks.

What is the cleanest ROM? I'm looking for a light-weight ROM, with voodoo. My biggest issue with PWGB is my sound isn't nearly as loud as it was before with a voodoo kernel even after I Installed voodoo control+ ...

Any suggestions? I don't care if it's 2.3, but I know that 2.2 is probably more stable.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you tried the Pool Party ROM from TSM? It's an AOSP Gingerbread ROM with lots of TSM goodies. Super smooth.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I'm using PowerWashed Gingerbread latest ROM. It's great, it's fast. But I notice my memory is dropping to 32~MB, and my phone gets laggy.

I'm getting exhausted from installing & Reinstalling roms over and over only to have them slow down after a few weeks.

Me too! Guess I'll try one of the ROMs mentioned above... the main problem I'm having w/the PowerWashed ROM is the phone will power off if I leave my phone idle for awhile. Sometimes it just completely power downs, but most of the time the screen goes black while the lights on the bottom are still lit. I have to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Very odd I've never seen that before. I'm running LauncherPro Plus on it, I'm wondering if that might be the cause? I had a widgetlocker that I thought may be the cause so I removed it... didn't help.

Anyone else seeing this on their phones?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes mine does that too! But I also can't hear when talking to people, and the volume is maxed. Still needs some work but getting there =)))) My biggest complaint is launchers keep freaking unloading from memory.

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes mine does that too! But I also can't hear when talking to people, and the volume is maxed. Still needs some work but getting there =)))) My biggest complaint is launchers keep freaking unloading from memory.

I noticed that my launcher was reloading as well. I was running Go Launcher. I was also seeing a lot lag. So last night I decided flash back to original PWGB 2.03 and run the TW Launcher for a while. (I'm also not going to install all the widgets i had before).

So far it seems better, I thought it reloaded once, but I wasn't sure.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my launcher was reloading as well. I was running Go Launcher. I was also seeing a lot lag. So last night I decided flash back to original PWGB 2.03 and run the TW Launcher for a while. (I'm also not going to install all the widgets i had before).

So far it seems better, I thought it reloaded once, but I wasn't sure.

Yea I wonder if it is related to golauncher myself. I haven't tried the pool party rom.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any troubles hearing on the phone, just the black screen when it seems to be on since the bottom lights are lit. So if I remove the LauncherPro maybe that will correct it? I'll try it and check back in! I really like the PowerWashed ROM...

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any troubles hearing on the phone, just the black screen when it seems to be on since the bottom lights are lit. So if I remove the LauncherPro maybe that will correct it? I'll try it and check back in! I really like the PowerWashed ROM...

I like it too. I would get random heavy lag, freezing, etc. the sound is terrible without voodoo.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I went back to the stock TWLauncher that came on the PowerWash GB Beta 3 ROM and everything seems good now. No more black screen that responded to nothing but a battery pull! Odd but it's running great now!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you tried the Pool Party ROM from TSM? It's an AOSP Gingerbread ROM with lots of TSM goodies. Super smooth.

Hey Shark... I am trying to install it now but I am getting a LOT of errors when I flash it in CWM. Something like "assert failed get prop....".

Do you have install instructions for this?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I went back to the stock TWLauncher that came on the PowerWash GB Beta 3 ROM and everything seems good now. No more black screen that responded to nothing but a battery pull! Odd but it's running great now!

Interesting!!! I already installed GeeWiz with PeanutButta kernel. It's very smooth; my sound is louder, better.. And I have 230 MB of memory!!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That's the total ram you have. Mine says 148MB/349MB.

right... so I have 44.82 MB got it...
according to this post
"How much RAM is your Fascinate using?" the amount of RAM free isn't a big deal as long as it's not dropping too low, mine isn't lagging at all BUT it did do the black screen on me again last night and it took me about 10 minutes to get it to come back up so I'm thinking I may try another ROM

modifying post... no glitches at all with the PWGB in the last 24 hours, there's great info in the XDA forum, tried a few suggestions... very sweet ROM, I'm sticking w/it ;-)

Last edited: