favorite texting app

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I LOVE My SMS. It's simply, easy to use, customizable, and has an AWESOME desktop app for both Mac and PC. You can also use it web-based if you want to go that route. Highly highly recommend!!

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had to switch back to Textra after a few days of using the included app. If it was more customizable I would have kept using it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had been using Hangouts on my GS4 but on my GS6, it asks to send an invite to Hangouts before letting me send a message. Thinking about the stock app or Textra.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't see what's so special about Textra. Customization is very limited

Posted via the Android Central App

DrAkO82

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys (and girls !), i'm coming from a 6+, it is possible to find an texting app that can give me the possibility to reply from the lock screen like iOS 8 give me ?

I'm on the way to return my s6 edge and keep my 6+ if i can't find an app that give me this features.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several text messenger apps and have decided to stick with the default app from AT&T. Seems to do the job for my needs.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have always used Hangouts until now. Reason I don't anymore is because I Love love LOVE the ability to send a reply without leaving the current app I am in. That seems only possible with the built in messaging app.

I have tried textra which is great also.

Thing that I really don't like about the built in messaging app is the orange. That's just not a color that is neutral enough to make it so overwhelming like that. I really don't like orange lol.

But the app overall looks nice.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys (and girls !), i'm coming from a 6+, it is possible to find an texting app that can give me the possibility to reply from the lock screen like iOS 8 give me ?

I'm on the way to return my s6 edge and keep my 6+ if i can't find an app that give me this features.

If I'm not mistaken (I haven't tried to make it work personally), EvolveSMS has a setting for "Popup Reply" that allows you to enable it, as well as configure its look slightly. And coupled with that is an option to wake the screen when a message arrives. Those two things will possibly get you what you're looking for.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have always used Hangouts until now. Reason I don't anymore is because I Love love LOVE the ability to send a reply without leaving the current app I am in. That seems only possible with the built in messaging app.

Thing that I really don't like about the built in messaging app is the orange. That's just not a color that is neutral enough to make it so overwhelming like that. I really don't like orange lol.

Evolve has a pop up box so you don't leave your current app

Sent from my Nexus 10

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

EVOLVE SMS app, at Google Play Store. You must do an In App Purchase, can't remember the amount but more or less four or five dollars. Check out the screenshots.uploadfromtaptalk1428878036459.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428878045936.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Installed Textra after all the positive comments in this thread, and I gotta say it's really nice. Has the pop up alerts I liked in the stock app but looks nicer and opens a lot faster.

krm0789

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

As others have said, Evolve does this (I've already stated my issues with it, but it is beautiful!) & so does Textra.

Is there a way to stop the screen from lighting up when we get texts on the S6? Drives me nuts.