Features you miss from your previous phone

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 5 - so not much, I miss the $100 I had to spend to replace my VR headset (which hasn't shown up yet)

Does that count?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Screen pinning from S7Edge and battery life of 6s+. But my battery has been pretty good to this point, as long as I don't look at screen on time. It lasts me all day.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I thought Sprint was the only one that did FM tuners, must be a CDMA thing. Disappointing to hear it's not in the new Verizon version - sorry to hear!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I thought Sprint was the only one that did FM tuners, must be a CDMA thing. Disappointing to hear it's not in the new Verizon version - sorry to hear!

T-Mobile and Sprint I believe leave them alone. AT&T may leave it alone (not sure) and VZW usually disables them.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I miss: The ability to choose whether or not an incoming text message turns on the screen or not (using the stock messaging app). If it does and I'm wrong, please share how to do so.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Speed, battery life, and always on when running Pokemon Go, but none of these are deal breakers when comparing what I've gained. There's always going to be some sort of trade off.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
One thing I assumed I had and I'm kinda disappointed I don't have after trying to use it- IR blaster. I used the smart remote app a lot on my Note 4. Especially when my puppy was going through his chewing stage and constantly chewed remotes up on me. Otherwise, I don't miss a damn thing. I love this phone

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I miss great screen sensitivity. Note 7 keyboard is fine but sometimes when I pick something from a list like tapatalk or twitter I have to tap 2 or 3 times for tap to register and item to open.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Something I never even realized how much I took for granted on my LG G4 was location based sound profiles. I was able to set where I wanted vibrate mode to be enabled and where I wanted do not disturb to be enabled, etc.

I had sound to be on when I was home, and vibrate everywhere else. So when I went to work or class, the phone would automatically switch to vibrate. Worked really well and is a feature I wish the note 7 had.

What other features are missing from your previous phone that you wish the Note 7 had?

i was from G4 too. Missed the double tap on and off screen the most I guess.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I miss great screen sensitivity. Note 7 keyboard is fine but sometimes when I pick something from a list like tapatalk or twitter I have to tap 2 or 3 times for tap to register and item to open.
I mentioned this before as well. Hopefully, this is something that can be addressed in a future update.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had plenty of different phones since the note 4, but one thing I miss from the note 4 is the side key panel. Missed it on the note 5, miss it here as well

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I thought I would miss the removable battery from my note 4 but so far my battery life has been better on my note7.

Posted via the Android Central App

AhemThisGuy

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I switched from IPhone 6 Plus. I keep on wanting to pull up from the bottom of the screen to pull up the control center. I kind of miss that feature and the swipe left and right of the screen to go foward and backward.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I noticed that as well. Even when tapping with the pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz