Fi Christmas gift

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
It appears Project Fi is again giving a gift for the holiday season. If you go to your Fi app on your Project Fi device or (allegedly, since it didn't work on my PC) your computer's Chrome browser, there is a link to "A World of Thanks" (https://fiholiday.withgoogle.com/). You then find the hidden "presents", one of which is a $10 Google Play credit. Others are fun, such as adding snowflakes while recording a selfie video, making a snow globe using a Google Street address, a short quiz on greeting customs around the world, and tips from the Project Fi team on how to make a holiday voicemail greeting.

It appears that these will change each week, four weeks total, such as a new selfie video filter, new Fi tips, and likely a new present. It will be interesting to see what the Fi team does. In the meantime, the $10 Google Play credit is a pretty nice gift, on its own -- likely more practical, if less fun, than the Lego gift last year.

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I agree this week's gift is kind of lame, but can we really complain? I don't see Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile doing anything for their customers. We already got $10 and have 2 more "gifts" coming!

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I agree this week's gift is kind of lame, but can we really complain? I don't see Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile doing anything for their customers. We already got $10 and have 2 more "gifts" coming!

I agree, just looking forward to something good each week. Not like google couldnt spare to give out a few bucks.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Apparently if you go through the San Jose airport, Google has a vending machine for Project Fi users only, "If you're traveling through San José International Airport, you should stop by the new Project Fi vending machine. The Project Fi Travel Trolley (as it's called) is located across from gate 25, and is handing out free travel goodies to Fi subscribers, including eye masks, socks, and charging cables." Apparently everything is free but you are limited to one item per day.