filing insurance claim, getting refurbished Droid X

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Greetings!
I'm going to file an insurnace claim and request a refurbished Droid X, since that's what I currently have. Will someone tell me what will happen to all my software? I'll have to re-install and re-configure beautiful widgets and everything else, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to buy all the software again. Anyway, if anyone has any input, (I've searched the forum) let me know, thanks!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Software is tied to your account, not your phone. Many of your settings may need to be redone, and you may want to sign up for an AppBrain account before you send it in. Paid software generally is listed just fine, but sometimes the default Marketplace doesn't download the free apps automatically. With AppBrain you can at least get a list of these apps.

mechgamer123

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would root and install titanium backup pro to back up all your apps, then unroot/sbf back to stock. That way, you can back up all of your app data (like game saves) and have it restored automatically. Also, when filing a claim with asurion, be aware they have ran out of droid xs and will send you a droid x2 instead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Although technically by rooting and using Titanium Backup your problem is solved because you void your warranty ;)

Most places don't check to see if you've rooted and will process the warranty anyway, but there's nothing preventing them from trying out a new policy on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette