Fingerprint recognition is flawless

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
100% agreed. Out of all the phones that I've owned in the past 5 years, this fingerprint scanner is nothing but perfect! Works every time and is super fast! I love it that I just touch it and I'm 100% confident that it'll work! No guessing, no trying, it just works!!

So glad I didn't go with the S10 and got the S10e instead just for this as I know myself I'll probably go nuts if the fingerprint scanner required me to do multiple taps or didn't work 100%. I have 0 patience when it comes to these things and would probably have ended up selling the phone in about a week!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As someone who used S10+ for few days and then switching over to S10e the fingerprint sensor is so much better than the ultrasonic first gen fingerprint. Back to 100% working fingerprint sensor all the time and quick.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That is the benefit of using tried-and-true technology. The kinks we're worked out long long ago. The ultrasonic fps has to go through the whole maturation process.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I first tried the under screen FPS on my OP6T and it worked ok at first then sucked! Between the FPS sensor and the weak vibration motor, it had to go.

That's one of the main reasons why I picked the S10e. So glad I picked this phone!

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
it is quite good. sometimes i have issues, but that is more the case getting a bit in the way. it is not the sensor, it definitely works very well.

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm having the exact opposite experience, which is why I came here to see if others were too. Despite having the same fingerprint added 4 times, mine only works when it wants to. Sometimes it absolutely refuses to unlock the phone. Very fast when it works, but I'd say my success rate is about 25-30%.

Perhaps I have a defective one :(

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm having the exact opposite experience, which is why I came here to see if others were too. Despite having the same fingerprint added 4 times, mine only works when it wants to. Sometimes it absolutely refuses to unlock the phone. Very fast when it works, but I'd say my success rate is about 25-30%.

Are you using a case?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

If I can ask, what hand and fingers are you using? It's a bit tricker if you use your left hand to do it.

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re register your prints, this time firmly keeping your thumb in place each time. If you move it around at all, it won't catch as it should. Same when you're placing your thumb.

Thanks, but that only helped marginally. Half the time it tells me to cover the entire sensor or wipe it off. (Sensor is clean, finger is dry). Sometimes when it misfires I can keep my finger in the exact same spot and then it works on the subsequent retry.

To the person who asked, I'm using the index finger on my left-hand. Seems like an obvious choice, since it's the finger closest to the power button when I hold the phone.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, but that only helped marginally. Half the time it tells me to cover the entire sensor or wipe it off. (Sensor is clean, finger is dry). Sometimes when it misfires I can keep my finger in the exact same spot and then it works on the subsequent retry.

To the person who asked, I'm using the index finger on my left-hand. Seems like an obvious choice, since it's the finger closest to the power button when I hold the phone.

Yeah, I can understand that. I use the same finger on the same hand. I asked because several reviewers have mentioned the increased difficulty with the sensor when using it with your left hand, which has also been my experience.
Have you tried your middle finger as well? I find that sometimes I have better luck with that finger.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

My experience is much like yours. I have my thumb registered 4 times. Most of the time it works well, but sometimes it simply doesn't read no matter how many times I try. Wiping sensor doesn't help. I do have a Samsung case I ordered with the phone direct from Samsung. Ample room for thumb on sensor.

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried your middle finger as well? I find that sometimes I have better luck with that finger.

Okay, yeah... that's much better. I have to stretch my finger a bit awkwardly to reach it, but from preliminary testing, it works about 95% of the time. Wish they would've put the power button a bit lower if the middle finger is the optimal finger to use.

Anyway, thanks for the help. You saved me a trip back to Best Buy :)

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Okay, yeah... that's much better. I have to stretch my finger a bit awkwardly to reach it, but from preliminary testing, it works about 95% of the time. Wish they would've put the power button a bit lower if the middle finger is the optimal finger to use.

Anyway, thanks for the help. You saved me a trip back to Best Buy :)

I agree about the button placement! Yay, I'm glad that I could help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellamcmil