First Android Phone (eris) .... app closing question ?

JustinD2473#IM

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in the title..i'm new to android (just ditched the blackberry!)

Anyways, how do you close apps ? haha

Most apps DO NOT have an exit option when i press menu. If i hit the back button or home button, they just run in the background, Correct ?

I was advised to download a Task Killer app which I did..........

I run it every now and then, and here is another wierd thing. I have NEVER opened the Amazon MP3 store app on my device, but often when I open the task killer app to close all running apps, the MP3 store is running ??

I don't get it.

JustinD2473#IM

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
why would an app i've never opened be running several times by itself ?

and how can I uninstall that app ? it will not allow me to uninstall it from the Application Settings menu.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I vote against using an app killer. Honestly made the performance of my phone go down the drain... If you insist, ensure you exclude: Mail apps, messages, phone... etc.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My Eris runs far better without a task killer. You really do not need to worry about closing out any apps automatically. Android manages apps well and will suspend apps that run in the background. As you have discovered, many apps that ship in ROM on the Eris, including the Amazon MP3 store, will relaunch themselves if you kill their process. You're best off just leaving everything alone.

Go ahead and install a task killer but only use it to close apps that you have launched if, and only if, the phone is lagging so much it is unusable.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others. I noticed quite a decrease in performance just by simply by installing a task killer. The phone is smart enough where it can handle itself quite well.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
ATK has done good things for my batt life, true ya don't need it but I use it on occasions to kill odd ball apps still running . Pandora n Slacker radio will sometimes cause amazon mp3 to open they link to by music there . The most harm killers do is stop a main an the dependants will fail I just skip those an its buttery smooth !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell