First casualty - screen cracked

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty bummed out...screen cracked.

Dropped the phone while taking it out of my pocket to show someone.
I knew it as soon as it hit the ground. It sounded like when Ralphy stepped on his glasses just aster he **** his eye out.

I had a silicon case but it obviously failed.
Thank God I have the insurance.

View attachment 7887

Last edited:

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

It does suck but it works fine and the replacement will be here Tuesday.
Asuron said they are sending out a new battery and 32GB mem card.
I feel like I just got my battery conditioned good since I've been avgeraging over 14 hours.

But hey, I can't complain. At least I'm getting a new one Tuesday.
Definitely going to get a better case.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

I feel like I just got my battery conditioned good since I've been avgeraging over 14 hours.

Try the Case-Mate "pop" case. Im not so sure any case wont flex enough to allow the phone from getting damaged. Did the phones case crack at all? They should put these phones in an aluminum case instead of plastic. The plastic just flexes to much.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

There are a few "heavy" duty and "sturdy" cases out there. Not all available yet:

seidioonline.com
seidioonline.com
seidioonline.com

HTC Thunderbolt cases, Thunderbolt Pop! case by Case-Mate

Reactions: ebrown126

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try the Case-Mate "pop" case. Im not so sure any case wont flex enough to allow the phone from getting damaged. Did the phones case crack at all? They should put these phones in an aluminum case instead of plastic. The plastic just flexes to much.

No it was the silicon case Verizon sold me. I had the plastic screen they put on as well. Just the glass underneath cracked.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After someome else posted a pic of their cracked screen on here, I called VZW and added insurance! Thanks for the pic and I'm so glad you had insurance.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
After someome else posted a pic of their cracked screen on here, I called VZW and added insurance! Thanks for the pic and I'm so glad you had insurance.

I actually wasn't going to get it since I got a one year contract but I decided at the last second to get it.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep insurance for a year. I was going to keep my BlackBerry as a backup but I sold it. That will pay for a year of coverage.

I didn't want to have to go back to my BB!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I got Squaretrade for $99 for two years with adh. Their deductible is $50 and coverage is $600 so technically I'd get $550 towards a new phone.

Hope I never have to do that. My SI 2 case is arriving on Tuesday and I have a SGP screen protector. Hope it all helps.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same on day 1! It cracked in the exact same place on mine! I wonder if that is a weak spot?? Mine dropped flat and not on the side and it cracked from the side right there and spread across the entire screen!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majd27t