First Hands on Report of LG Nexus!!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I did the exact same thing. Also switched to BB after that. I do have to say that from a design and marketing standpoint the Chocolate was a pretty novel concept, too bad the actual execution of it sucked.

I thought I was so slick with my chocolate... for about a week. But I would go LG again if it's a Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had an env2, it was OK. Never had a lg smartphone.

Holding off on this nexus till there's info abt what other phones might be coming, aside from that this would work nicely.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Env 2 was the longest lasting phone i ever had. At one time i swore by lg until I got an ally.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Env 2 was the longest lasting phone i ever had. At one time i swore by lg until I got an ally.

I went through 4 Chocolates and 2 envs. I did the exact opposite lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Theolodin

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I read on Droid-Life that something LG passes through the FCC, but the article stated that it did not have LTE. Does that mean the LG Nexus might not have LTE?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I read on Droid-Life that something LG passes through the FCC, but the article stated that it did not have LTE. Does that mean the LG Nexus might not have LTE?

Not having seen the filing or the DROID-Life report, I'm going to assume that it could be the HSPA+ model, like the Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mitchstehlin

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to cry when I discovered the next Nexus will most likely be made by LG...
It doesn't matter how good it will look it's the fact that LG has a rep for making some of the ugliest phones this world has seen.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I went through 4 Chocolates and 2 envs. I did the exact opposite lol

I guess its just the luck of the draw. People keep saying the g nex has had terrible data issues, although I i haven't had any problems besides a faulty charging port. Neither my original or replacement or my girlfriends g nex had any other problems.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping for an HTC Nexus or even Motorola, but this does interests me. And when I say interest ( when discussing a new Nexus I start salivating and start mailing my money to Google) me. I've never had an LG phone, but I remember really wanting a Chocolate.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping for an HTC Nexus or even Motorola, but this does interests me. And when I say interest ( when discussing a new Nexus I start salivating and start mailing my money to Google) me. I've never had an LG phone, but I remember really wanting a Chocolate.

..the rumor is Nexus devices from multiple OEMs for this generation.

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
..the rumor is Nexus devices from multiple OEMs for this generation.

I have read that. I'm not convinced that will happen though. It still seems far more likely Google will allow OEMs to bid on the project. But nothing is official until it's official. Last year most of us were convinced the GNexus was going to be the Nexus Prime.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have read that. I'm not convinced that will happen though. It still seems far more likely Google will allow OEMs to bid on the project. But nothing is official until it's official. Last year most of us were convinced the GNexus was going to be the Nexus Prime.

Seems like people were just confused on the name though.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The X on the back being four colors (presumably blue, red, yellow, green - the Nexus colors) sounds really tacky.
As opposed to the Hanna Montana sparklies on the back of the model we're seeing today. Yeah. Right. :D
[Update] This is the LG Nexus | Android and Me

Also the article states: "We were also sent a picture taken with the device, but we are unable to share it due to the nature of the photo." lol wut? Was it a picture of a persons genitals? Why can't they share it?..

I LOLed when I read that. Maybe a picture of the Google person doing the leaking. Which ... would be STUPID. "Here, take my picture with the phone I'm not supposed to be showing you. Yeah, upload it to Google+"

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems like people were just confused on the name though.

Even so, I haven't read any thing that states that Google is making multiple version of their phone other then rummer from months ago. I can see this new LG Nexus in leaked photos, I haven't seen any notice of Nexus like devices clearing the FCC or any real leaks about another company. I could be wrong though.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Even so, I haven't read any thing that states that Google is making multiple version of their phone other then rummer from months ago. I can see this new LG Nexus in leaked photos, I haven't seen any notice of Nexus like devices clearing the FCC or any real leaks about another company. I could be wrong though.

Rumors point to the possibility of a RAZR-like Nexus phone and a new 10 inch Nexus tablet from Motorola.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rumored-devices/214933-motorola-occam.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rumored-devices/214932-motorola-manta.html

I don't really believe these two are Nexus devices though, just new Motorola devices. Wild prediction, Verizon's exclusivity on the RAZR-brand in the US is done and Motorola dumps the Atrix and Photon brands bringing the RAZR to all carriers.

And now there's a possibility of a Nexus tablet from Samsung.

Samsung and Google reportedly working on high-end, 10-inch Nexus tablet | Android Central

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174