I downloaded music from Amazon but I cannot find it in my music playing app (Blackplayer).

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can play it if I manually go into My Files and open it using Blackplayer. I made a playlist with the album I downloaded and I was able to access it through the app that way. When I cleared the cache on my phone that playlist was deleted but no other playlists were deleted. Blackplayer FAQ on missing tracks says, "Blackplayer is not in charge of scanning your audio files, it uses the built-it music library that is managed by your phone". This is a recent problem, I have had no issues with downloaded music before the past week. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Amazon app is the shopping app. Do you mean that app, or do you mean the Amazon Music app?

Rob Ruszenas

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
I mean the Amazon Music App. I really don't think it has anything to do with the Amazon app. It technically downloaded to my phone as an MP3 which is the same format as always. The problem is that my music player doesn't recognize it for some reason unless I manually open each track and play them. The music player says that it uses my Android system for music access. So I think it has something to do with the way Android is viewing the files that I recently downloaded.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean the Amazon Music App. I really don't think it has anything to do with the Amazon app. It technically downloaded to my phone as an MP3 which is the same format as always. The problem is that my music player doesn't recognize it for some reason unless I manually open each track and play them. The music player says that it uses my Android system for music access. So I think it has something to do with the way Android is viewing the files that I recently downloaded.

It didn't go to the sd card the downloads?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to identify the directory where the Amazon Music app downloads the music files to? Most of these streaming music apps don't allow the user to manipulate music files that are downloaded for offline use, for copyright reasons. The files are often saved to a protected system directory.

EDIT: Ok, I tested it out on my own device. Downloads of music you purchased go to the /Music directory.

Did you already try forcing a re-scan of your media files? Try this app: media.Re.Scan: - Android Apps on Google Play

Rob Ruszenas

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
Yes it is on my sd card and I know where it is. That is what is so frustrating... it is in the same file all of my other music downloads are located but for some reason it is not recognized and all other music in the same folder is recognized. It is in the same format, MP3, as well. I tried the rescan app but that did not work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it is on my sd card and I know where it is. That is what is so frustrating... it is in the same file all of my other music downloads are located but for some reason it is not recognized and all other music in the same folder is recognized. It is in the same format, MP3, as well. I tried the rescan app but that did not work.

So you don't see it anymore on the sd card but other files you see?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Not sure what to do about this issue in general, though. You may just have to wait for the developers to modify their apps for Android 11 so that they can properly take advantage of SD cards.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When I download music I have bought from Amazon music it is stored as mp3 files in the music folder I believe. I always create a new folder with the name of the album or playlist and move the tracks into this folder. I then find the music available in my dedicated music folder.

I don't know about other music. I think it may be DRM protected if it isn't an album you have purchased as opposed to streamed music downloaded. In that case it may not be playable by a third party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000