Five Reasons Not to Buy the G3

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
comment removed

Not so much...

I was making the point that every phone has downsides and took that as an opportunity to poke a little fun at our friends... To further my point, Apple sells a ton of iDevices even with all of their flaws...

Last edited by a moderator:

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Had my G3 for three days now bought from a Florida AT&T store (there were only two left). First day I was surprised to find they gave me a 32GB version. Second day played movie Premium Rush at full brightness for an hour and found it was only barely warm with no overheating messages. Third day with moderate use from 6:AM to 9:pM I had 70% battery left. Even so it has a removable battery and I am planning on a spare just like I did with my SG3. I will never buy a phone without a removable battery. Plus even with a removable back this thing feels very sturdy. I am well pleased I do not have to deal with miss hitting side buttons and unsightly side SD card ports; this is a really elegant looking device and the knock on/off lets me ignore the back on/off button. All in all I would definitely buy this phone again.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
To some of the members involved in the discussion of this thread .Please remember to keep it as a discussion and civil as per the guidelines.Here is the link for reference.
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums.

I don't disagree about civility...

Just don't mistake tongue-in-cheek / snarkiness for anything other than that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
For the simple reason that LG wanted to add it to the spec line. Adding a QHD and limiting its brightness to preserve battery life is does not make much sense besides marketing. You will be hard pressed to notice a difference between a good 1080p screen and a good 1440p screen.

Read the Anandtech article on the G3 and all the compromises that LG did to add the 1440p screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a side by side comparison and just basic stuff like displaying the installed apps the S5 has a more noticeable and longer lag than the G3. There are a few other posts with the same conclusions as mine and I have never seen anyone say the G3 had more lag than a S5.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I did a side by side comparison and just basic stuff like displaying the installed apps the S5 has a more noticeable and longer lag than the G3. There are a few other posts with the same conclusions as mine and I have never seen anyone say the G3 had more lag than a S5.

I didn't have an S5, but compared to my S4, this thing rocks.

Just one little thing, and this might be an anomaly, makes a huge difference... About 50% of the time when I was connected to WiFi and would leave the house or work, the S4 would *never* switch over to mobile data... I'd have to switch airplane mode on and off to enable a mobile data connection... PITA...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire