Flashing app symbol on notification panel

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's not captured in this screenshot clip but if you look at the clip on the right you'll see the Bluetooth symbol obviously I have Bluetooth on. Occasionally right next to that app it shows the same app next to it but flashing quickly so there's the solid state Bluetooth app and next to it is a flashing Bluetooth app. Has anybody else come across this? For me it does this with the Bluetooth notification symbol and also sometimes with an alarm clock symbol.
da4444cdaa95c9c45dd93a4303e069ee.jpg

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It's not captured in this screenshot clip but if you look at the clip on the right you'll see the Bluetooth symbol obviously I have Bluetooth on. Occasionally right next to that app it shows the same app next to it but flashing quickly so there's the solid state Bluetooth app and next to it is a flashing Bluetooth app. Has anybody else come across this? For me it does this with the Bluetooth notification symbol and also sometimes with an alarm clock symbol.
da4444cdaa95c9c45dd93a4303e069ee.jpg
Depending on the phone it could be Bluetooth trying to connect or reconnect to something.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you have 2 different Bluetooth going on like in separate app sound?
dcde43f6fe1b6ec2db637ee0074a9858.jpg
I don't think so. This also happens within my alarm. One icon is just solid state, the other "flickering". But, now I do usually have two alarms and sometimes two Bluetooth connections but never usually see more than one icon for those. Right now I just see one of each Bluetooth and Alarm.

Wasn't sure if it was a glitch with one of the recent updates or what.

Spectrum S23 Ultra

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so. This also happens within my alarm. One icon is just solid state, the other "flickering". But, now I do usually have two alarms and sometimes two Bluetooth connections but never usually see more than one icon for those. Right now I just see one of each Bluetooth and Alarm.

Wasn't sure if it was a glitch with one of the recent updates or what.

Spectrum S23 Ultra
So your seeing 2 Bluetooth icons and one blinking same for alarms?
You using anything 3rd party ? Launcher/Samsung Good Lock?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So your seeing 2 Bluetooth icons and one blinking same for alarms?
You using anything 3rd party ? Launcher/Samsung Good Lock?
Yes occasionally. And they've not both shown up at the same time blinking. Just the Bluetooth blinking by the static Bluetooth, or same with the clocks/alarms. Using Nova Launcher, my go-to launcher for a long time

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes occasionally. And they've not both shown up at the same time blinking. Just the Bluetooth blinking by the static Bluetooth, or same with the clocks/alarms. Using Nova Launcher, my go-to launcher for a long time
Go back to the stock launcher for a little bit to see if this still happens

Reactions: Laura Knotek

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok - I've switched to the stock launcher and back to Nova. I've one at a time turned off the various apps on that top screen that flash duplicately - still have the same issue. Everything works ok but that flashing double of an icon is a PIA

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok - I've switched to the stock launcher and back to Nova. I've one at a time turned off the various apps on that top screen that flash duplicately - still have the same issue. Everything works ok but that flashing double of an icon is a PIA
Are any of the Bluetooth devices low on battery?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: Was in chat with Samsung.com and they said to reset app preferences, which I did and that annoying duplicate app/flashing duplicate app disappeared. I wonder why it happened in the first place?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana