Flashing Tmobile firmware on Galaxy S10 Unlocked (SM-973U1) due to connection issues

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently bought unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1) and getting connection issues (weak signal, no signal, slow upload speeds, signal strength around -114dBm everywhere). I live in Washington DC suburbs.

I downloaded latest Tmobile firmware from SamMobile (G973U1UES2BSI4_G973U1OYM2BSI4_TMB) and planning to flash it over my U1 firmware. Is this a common solution for those suffering with connection/signal issues on unlocked S10? Should I get original (initial) Tmobile firmware instead and let it update OTA? Will I be able to get back to U1 firmware if Samsung fixes this issue later on?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I doubt very much whether changing the firmware will change the poor signal you have. -114dBm says that TMobile has a poor signal where you are. (A poor signal results in multiple retries, which slows data down.) The phone has all 5 bands that TMobile is licensed for, so that's not a problem. I'd say it was just a bad choice of carrier for where you're located. (Sprint covers this whole city like a blanket - but not inside one house I used to be at - even though AT&T and Verizon covered that house solidly. Dead spots can occur anywhere.)

3.13.3 should be fine.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I doubt very much whether changing the firmware will change the poor signal you have. -114dBm says that TMobile has a poor signal where you are. (A poor signal results in multiple retries, which slows data down.) The phone has all 5 bands that TMobile is licensed for, so that's not a problem. I'd say it was just a bad choice of carrier for where you're located. (Sprint covers this whole city like a blanket - but not inside one house I used to be at - even though AT&T and Verizon covered that house solidly. Dead spots can occur anywhere.)

3.13.3 should be fine.
Carrier version have carrier aggression

Vadimich

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I understand your point, but coming from Tmobile version of Galaxy S7 and living in this area for more than 12 years, I know Tmobile coverage here is outstanding including the locations where I now use S10. My family are all using Tmobile without any issues. I had full signal before at home. The issue is described on internet as related to unlocked version of S10 (U1) and its affecting some phones (mostly Sprint and Tmobile/ATT to lesser expent). This issue here is clearly with the phone itself, not the carrier choice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes - TMB is the tmobile stock firmware. What firmware from this list is to go back to U1 unlocked version (which is what I have right now). I want to download both of them just in case I need it.
Find the U1 and anyone of the tmb,vzw,att will work as they interchangeable on unlocked and same for carrier