folder structure/SD card/epub book location

jajones20

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
While trying to find a book on my friend's Nook Tablet, I plugged it into my PC and viewed his folder structure. it was a mess, and I don't know if he did it or if that's how it is (oddly) set up. The Nook Tablet itself showed up as F:MyNook, containing the usual folders and files. But one of the folders it contained was called MyNook, and it contained all the folders and files as in the higher level folder. I can't imagine this is correct, but I also can't imagine how he could have copied his folder into itself! I deleted the inner MyNook folder and all his files were still accessible. Any thoughts?
Second, the Nook Tablet's SD card shows up as a separate G: drive. Is that correct? Or was the SD card originally that inner MyNook folder and did the G: drive appear because of my deleting that folder?
Finally, where on the Nook Tablet should you put an .epub book without DRM to make it appear in the Daily folder? This whole thing started because he put on book on the Nook Tablet and couldn't find it anywhere. The folder, Daily folder, and Shelf structure is pretty complicated.

bfollowell

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
First.

No, this is not normal. I have never seen this. I can't say if your friend did this or of some other app messed something up but, no, it is not normal and you should not see this.

Second.

Yes, this is perfectly normal. The SD card is a second drive and it shows up as such. It will have a lot of similar folders to the internal drive but that is fine.

Third.

The most common place to put side-loaded, drm-free ebooks would be on the SD card under \My Files\Books. Under there he could put them in the main directory or create any subdirectory system that he wanted to. As far as the daily shelf, there is no way to "put" a book on the daily shelf. You just read books and the most recent books you've opened show up there.

- Byron

TitanShadow

May 20, 2011
twitter.com
Yeah, that does sound strange... I am with Byron there on the SD card put them in My Files/Books but if you want them on the internal memory, the path is the same My Files/Books.

Did your friend root his device or do any other hacks?

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

Getbusylivin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope yall can help me. I recently downloaded moon reader pro and I need to get the books I have purchased from google play books to show in moon reader.. I tried the import button and that didn't work.. I am very much a novice dealing with files and folders.. What folder or file extension would they be listed under??..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

jmb12177

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In response to the folder structure post, I'm a blackberry user myself, my wife has the nook tablet and samsung captivate, and both have the same mess up file structure, I'm not used to linux, so I just figured this is normal.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23