for those of you getting 1 n half day to 2 days on a single charge, whats your settings?

trexs7e

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
just got the phone a few days ago, and im a little disappointed by the battery life. im getting around 6 hrs of on screen time. and around 13 hours - 14 hours of on battery throughout the day before connecting it to the charger. is it because of the recent update or something else?

and for those of you getting 1and half day to 2 days on a single charge, do you use power saving mode? do you have always on display on? do you turn off the sync? do you use Package Disabler Pro to disable anything? or is it just all under factory default setting (stock)?

please let me know these specifics of how you are getting such good battery life. thanks!

my version of s7 edge is the exynos varient with samsung camera as well. I consider myself a moderate user. mainly web browsing/facebook/twitter/instagram/youtube video etc. no long time video watching such as netlfix. and no gaming as well. i live in Canada.

my settings right now:
wifi: on
bluetooth: off
nfc: off
sync: on (2 gmail accounts + twitter + facebook + all other normal apps)
always on display: on
I do have sam sung knox installed for some of my dual open apps, not sure if this will incur more battery usage.

Last edited:

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I get well over a day and usually 6+ hours SOT. Nothing special with the settings (not using Package Disabler etc). Some of my settings:

Screen - Around 40-50% not adaptive
Location - GPS and WiFi only
WiFi - Always on
Bluetooth - Off unless I want it for the car
Sync - All Google account, Twitter etc etc on
Network - Auto connect

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, but you are getting 6 hours of SOT in 13-14 hours. Others are getting 6 hours of SOT in a day a half so I think they just are using there phones less so it lasts longer.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Just a guess, but you are getting 6 hours of SOT in 13-14 hours. Others are getting 6 hours of SOT in a day a half so I think they just are using there phones less so it lasts longer.

Yes, if I use the phone less I could get 6 hours SOT in 2 days.

I have the 32GB OEM version.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
do you have always display on? do you have 820?

I don't use Always On Display - since it is pretty useless (no third party notifications).

I have the UK Exynos version. I'm aware that this version is reportedly better in terms of battery life.

I'm currently at 1 day 13 hours 43 minutes use, no small top up charges. Admittedly light use with only just over 4 hours SOT but I've not had a phone before that would do this.

Usually I'm a heavier user with 4 hours SOT in a day and could have 40% or so left.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
6 hours of screen on time and you're upset? Wow I'm lucky to get 4 hours of screen on time. Good grief.

Posted via the Android Central App

trexs7e

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
6 hours of screen on time and you're upset? Wow I'm lucky to get 4 hours of screen on time. Good grief.

Agreed! I'm averaging 4-4.5 hours of SOT.

no im not upset. im just wondering those getting 7 hrs screen on time and lasting till the next day or 2 days, how they did to have such good battery life. maybe they dont use phone that much i dont know. but a lot of people in the battery thread claiming to have that kind of battery life

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Also alot of people charge their phone before bed and then go to sleep and let it idle. That adds on alot of extra hours without much drain. I charge mine every night while I'm sleeping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred