Force close issues

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
For the past few days my phone keeps force closing every app that i attempt to open like, dolphin, htc mail, etc. I haven't installed a app for some time now, but even when i try to delete some apps via settings menu after a restart it is back. Last rom i flashed was cleanrom 2.9 and it was fine until this issue came about. Tried clearing cache in recovery and im running hboot 1.5 btw. Any help would be appreciated.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
For the past few days my phone keeps force closing every app that i attempt to open like, dolphin, htc mail, etc. I haven't installed a app for some time now, but even when i try to delete some apps via settings menu after a restart it is back. Last rom i flashed was cleanrom 2.9 and it was fine until this issue came about. Tried clearing cache in recovery and im running hboot 1.5 btw. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like its time for a hard reset.

crazy_vag

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I found the Facebook app to be the culprit. Once things start crashing, reboot the phone. I was somehow able to uninstall facebook and fb messenger. Now my phone is totally fine... until i start the fb app. Then things just start crashing left and right until I reboot.

I started using the web app instead, with hope that facebook app 1.8 fixes things, but it doesn't.

I'm not terribly thrilled about doing a hard reset, so will probably just hold out until Ice Cream Sandwich comes out. If things are still bad, then I'll do a hard reset then.

I'd also welcome other ideas.

Reactions: speedtouch

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be an issue for me since i've never installed the Fb app, but im going to try to recover from a backup just in case there are any rouge apps. Hopefully this will to the trick and i won't have to resort to a hard reset just yet.

EDIT: nope, apparently it still happens even after i restored to a backup which i know worked perfectly fine :(

crazy_vag

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't be an issue for me since i've never installed the Fb app, but im going to try to recover from a backup just in case there are any rouge apps. Hopefully this will to the trick and i won't have to resort to a hard reset just yet.

EDIT: nope, apparently it still happens even after i restored to a backup which i know worked perfectly fine :(

I think that some old version of fb app comes preinstalled on the EVO 3d. Can you double check that you don't have it?

Also, is there a particular app that starts the constant crashing for you? Perhaps you're right and it's not the fb app to blame but some other combination.

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that some old version of fb app comes preinstalled on the EVO 3d. Can you double check that you don't have it?

Also, is there a particular app that starts the constant crashing for you? Perhaps you're right and it's not the fb app to blame but some other combination.

Yeah it shows that i don't have the fb app and i don't think it comes with cleanrom. The crashing happens usually with market or superuser force closing then it snowballs to music, mails, etc. Anyways went with a hard reset as i just need my phone to work. Seemed to have fixed the issue though losing past data is a shame.

mstott90

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it has something to do With the task manager. I downloaded Advanced Task Killer and it seems to have done the trick I believe the task manager kills program it shouldn't thus causing everything to fail. I downloaded advanced Task killer and avoid killing any tasks that have a grey "I" icon and I've had no problems

mstott90

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Also I wouldn't end the "map" application I think that messes it up too. Just uncheck and AVOID killing any programs with the grey lowercase "I" icon, only the main app itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila