Force the Froyo OTA to your Droid now!

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
All finished and running Froyo, officially. Man, is it fast! Everything is snappier to some degree, but the web browsing is INSANELY faster. WOOT!

-SR-

somdfisher#AC

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So, quick question, got Froyo and I I want to remove the home button at the bottom of the app screen, anyone know how? I did it with 2.1, but I downloaded launcher pro shortly afterwards.

Other than that its been working great.

Jun 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
Froyo Market Issues

Once upon a time I happily ran a rooted Droid until one fateful night that nothing would install in the Market anymore. It had nothing to do with memory, and it was the same on every ROM I tried flashing - whether I did factory resets, wiped the cache, or whatever - just would be "Installing" for eternity.

VERY annoying. Never realized how much of my phone experience is centered around apps/a Market.

That said, I had no choice but to unroot and see if the problem persisted. IT DIDN'T - until today after doing the manual Froyo update!

Now I can't update any apps OR install any - although I have plenty of memory. I've tried force closing the Market, clearing its cache, etc. I've tried disabling and then enabling background data. I've booted, rebooted, and re-rebooted... I'm at a loss.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING ANYTHING SIMILAR HAPPEN OR KNOW A WAY TO FIX IT? It's frustrating not being able to even install Flash - 50% of why I wanted Froyo! Here it was I thought it was something I did while I was rooted, but it does the same thing UNrooted with Froyo!

Help?

G

GenericMessage

I installed Froyo this way. Can I delete update.zip from my root now that the new OS is installed?

Correct.

New point:

Does anyone else know how to customize the dock on the homescreen's?
Very annoying that the browser is one of the defaults.