Forced close error/can't access my contacts after .905 update

rotten1965

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Help!!! Has anyone lost access to their contacts after the OTA .905 update? I'm still rooted and can access my contacts data via voice commands but just can't access my list of contacts through the normal process. I get an error message and it says to force close the application and retry which will not work after I close and retry. I have rebooted the phone and searched the forums for clues but no luck! The data is there, I just have to use voice (Jeannie) to get the information. Anybody have the same happen to them after the update? Any suggestions? Thanks!!!:eek::(:-\:p:-!

bigmook2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I would say your best bet is to factory data reset. Or clear cache and data in the contacts app

from my brain via big stupid thumbs

rotten1965

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
What data will I lose on a factory reset? Will I lose my root? Sorry, I'm still a newbie! I guess your saying do a factory reset and clear my cache and retrieve my backed up data from my verizon or titanium data backup?

rotten1965

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
To help anyone else who runs into this issue, I ended up having to do a "Factory reset" in order to fix this problem. Just make sure you backup anything you want saved (pictures,video,etc.) and then have fun reloading all your apps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201