Free $100 from Staples

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This is not a post about the Staples deal they ran a few weeks back with the $100 off tablets but rather a personal story of corporate responsibility so respectable that I feel the need to share with other users.

When trying to buy my Tab 10, I referred to the Staples website to check which stores in NYC had inventory. Unfortunately, the stores it referred me to either A) were sold out or B) did not even plan to carry the product! Upon this, I took to Twitter to fire off an angry note about deliquent Staples stores/employees. This caught the eye of the Staples twitter account and they requested I direct message them my issue. I sent a message in which I did not talk angrily about my experience but instead explained that Staples has a bigger problem on hand being that their entire online inventory system is very flawed. Upon receipt, the Staples Twitter account person said they would forward this to corporate and someone would contact me in 24-48 hours (I did NOT believe either would happen). Sure enough, the next day I get an email from the corporate office explaining their apologies and their appreciation of me bringing their inventory issue to light. Enclosed with that email was a $100 gift certificate! I was shocked! I ended up buying what I believe is the best case on the market made by Samsung itself and I LOVE it!!!

Samsung Galaxy KK1040 10" Tablet Book- Style Cover Case, Black | Staples?

If you like it, please give Staples your business as they deserve it. Have a great day all! :D :)

Reactions: DAS

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is not a post about the Staples deal they ran a few weeks back with the $100 off tablets but rather a personal story of corporate responsibility so respectable that I feel the need to share with other users.

When trying to buy my Tab 10, I referred to the Staples website to check which stores in NYC had inventory. Unfortunately, the stores it referred me to either A) were sold out or B) did not even plan to carry the product! Upon this, I took to Twitter to fire off an angry note about deliquent Staples stores/employees. This caught the eye of the Staples twitter account and they requested I direct message them my issue. I sent a message in which I did not talk angrily about my experience but instead explained that Staples has a bigger problem on hand being that their entire online inventory system is very flawed. Upon receipt, the Staples Twitter account person said they would forward this to corporate and someone would contact me in 24-48 hours (I did NOT believe either would happen). Sure enough, the next day I get an email from the corporate office explaining their apologies and their appreciation of me bringing their inventory issue to light. Enclosed with that email was a $100 gift certificate! I was shocked! I ended up buying what I believe is the best case on the market made by Samsung itself and I LOVE it!!!

Samsung Galaxy KK1040 10" Tablet Book- Style Cover Case, Black | Staples?

If you like it, please give Staples your business as they deserve it. Have a great day all! :D :)
Thanks for the story. It is so refreshing to see someone take the time to share the good a company does when it happens. I respect your efforts very much.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually did something similar. After seeing the stores inventory online (in which the stores were said to have products in stock) and contacting stores (which claimed they did not have any), I chatted with a Staples representative. I told them that their inventory system was flawed, and it is not good business practice. The representative was actually somewhat rude to me and dismissed my comments, so I told him to please forward my concerns to corporate and I signed off. Needless to say, we have night and day responses from our comments. Glad it worked out for you though.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to find one of those cases, but haven't been able to. I saw the review on the blog portion of this site, but it seemed different. I don't know. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you not pay for the case?

~Drew

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to find one of those cases, but haven't been able to. I saw the review on the blog portion of this site, but it seemed different. I don't know. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you not pay for the case?

~Drew
Did you click the link??? $59.99 is the case price. He used his gift certificate to buy it.

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice case, way better then best buys bulky case... $60 Pretty high price wonder if a coupon code is floating around online for some type of discount.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

scmguru

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When the $100 discount ran. I went to staples where I had seen the unit before, only to be told they don't carry it .

I called corporate relations and waited on hold for 20 minutes, eventually speaking with a rep who initially told me they were sold out and there was nothing they could do for me. It was simply a case of supply < demand.

I explained the disparate stories being told to customers that were posted here and on xda forum.

After chatting for a while. The rep started to soften up a bit and she looked into ordering it for me.

Ultimately, she placed an order with free 2nd day shipping honoring the $100 in store discount.

Moral of the story. Escalate the issue. Present yourself professionally and ask for what you want, you may just get it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Lostboy1457

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The nearest staples is about 70 miles from me...and when I called them they didn't have this tablet in stock (or so they said) ...so I stopped by my local Best Buy with the $100 coupon and asked the girl at the customer service desk if the store would honor it and she said No. I then asked for a manager and after rolling her eyes she radioed for a manager to come to the front. The manager approved the coupon and within 20 minutes I was a proud owner of a white 16GB Samsung 10.1 tablet for $399. Thank you Best Buy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle