Friendly Warning - 4.4.3 Update, can't roll back.

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This article, Motorola Rolls Out Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E, says that you can't revert to a previous version once you update to 4.4.3.

My battery is about half as long after the update. I am not exaggerating. No wakelocks, no wifi, no data, etc. overnight. 100% when I go to bed. 20% left 7 hours later. I realize my situation is probably not the norm, but the bad thing is I can't go back to 4.4.2.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Friendly Warning - 4.4.3 Update

Huh my battery did seem to drain pretty quickly yesterday, which I wouldn't have noticed normally since it's usually plugged in a work all day but I was traveling yesterday. If this is true, VERY disappointing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Huh my battery did seem to drain pretty quickly yesterday, which I wouldn't have noticed normally since it's usually plugged in a work all day but I was traveling yesterday. If this is true, VERY disappointing.

I'm still on 4.4.2, my battery can go 12 to 16 hours without a charge granted in the car when I'm using Google Maps is on the charger but at work its on battery all the time the reason I'm 14 point 4.3. 3is because of a little, improvement in the redesign the phone dialer are there any other people experiencing battery drainage issues at all?

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I did clear the Dalvik cache. Is that the same thing?

Clearing the dalvik cache isn't the same as a factory reset.
There are two ways to do a factory reset .
One way is :
Settings>Backup &reset> Factory data reset

Another way and the way I prefer is a factory reset though stock recovery:

Hold down the Volume down button and the power button at the same time.
Release both those buttons at same time.
A screen pops up use the volume down button to select : recovery
Then push volume up button
Another screen pops up showing android on his back and the words no command under him
This time hold the volume up button and power button at same time
Release both those buttons at same time
Use the bottom volume button to scroll to wipe data/factory reset
Press the power button once that is selected to execute that command.
You will have to scroll down to confirm you want to wipe data/factory reset and execute that with power button.
You will see that your phone is being wiped from info scrolling at the bottom of screen.
Once it has completed you will have the option to reboot your phone.
Then select reboot phone and use power button to execute that command
Your phone will wipe all saved data and will be like new out of the box. So you will have to set everything up again.
You will still be on 4.4.3 but a fresh start

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to give things at least 48 hours, bare minimum, to smooth out. All of my Moto X's have taken 3-5 days to get the best battery life possible, longer if I've restored a large number of apps on top of a fresh install.

Posted via Android Central App

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll try all your suggestions.

I had a Nexus 4 whose battery was atrocious. The X was a huge improvement until this update. It's worse than the N4 at the moment.