FroYo Over The Air Update. Who Has It So Far? Check In Please

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing here. Southern nj. Waiting impatiently since the manual update didn't work for me. Kept getting"no signature"when I tried to install it

jmmoody

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Jim Moody, St. Louis

Nothing here in Mo. either but I think Sprint is probably issuing the message in the order from those that have had the Epic the longest to the most recent. Makes sense and sounds fair to me.

bbeck

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet in San Jose, Calif. If it's in order of getting the phone then I may have to wait until the 25th cuz i just got mine a little over a month ago.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here in Connecticut. But, to be fair, my wife got this phone a few months after it was released. It's serial number probably is a high number in the Google servers. It is my wife's phone and she is in no hurry. I guess, patience is a virtue.

Last edited:

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with when you got your phone and who had theirs the longest... I'm a day one purchaser in MD and nothing yet... it's all about where your SN sits in Google's servers...

Still patiently waiting... will give it another day or so and then will go with the manual update

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I
Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with when you got your phone and who had theirs the longest... I'm a day one purchaser in MD and nothing yet... it's all about where your SN sits in Google's servers...

Still patiently waiting... will give it another day or so and then will go with the manual update

This is absolutely correct... Do people read these threads before posting?

Reactions: cabrone

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i got the update through samsung i did it manually

I

It works great. I had the leak dk28 and I do not see any changes.
I never wait on Sprint they are always slow like their 3g network.

thedavon

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated, and am very pleased, only thing is that my GPS wasn't fixed, it's actually worse bc it doesn't work at all... Does anyone have any suggestions for a sort of fix for such a problem, bc I take public transit and need my GPS like most people need drinking water, hahahaha...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonol2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had ask it earlier.. I'm sure people understand that the update has to due with the SN and not the purchase date... I was just wondering to see how spread out they were rolling out thru out the state ... If its not hurting anybody why would anyone get upset about what people post in response to a question or request....

Last edited:
Reactions: vertein

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you guys just update thru Samsung?

Because if there are issues, I don't have the time or knowledge to fix them. Also if it messes up, I would have to go without a phone until Saturday. I can't let that happen. Being a single dad, I rely on my phone to keep me connected to my 14 year old daughter.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope

I got my Epic in January 2011 but had Sprint fix something on the phone. I scratched the serial number and I'm presently driving across country and haven't received the update in California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and finally Illinois. Maybe I can drive to another state and get me update??????????

...waiting patiently...

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Got my update around 6am this morning while I was in the shower. Everything installed fine. Been reading over the forums to see what issues to expect and so far everything is working fine. Camera, gallery, music, sd card are all working perfectly, GPS is much much more accurate, still a little slow indoors but faster than what I had, had to wait until I got to work to test 4G and that is working, all my settings and apps were intact and market is up to date. Other than the hideous update to the stock messaging app its running perfect.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noteshome