Fuel Single SIM Versions of Mate 20 Lite

stevo1313

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
Just wondering if there are multiple versions of the Huawei Mate 20 Lite with Single and Dual SIM versions.

I bought a used Huawei mate 20 Lite about a month ago to replace an old phone (same model). On my old one I used to run to SIMs with no issues. When I got my new one I didnt have a second SIM to test at the time, but it had a second slot in the tray, and sim 1 worked to went on my way with no issues.

Fast forward a month, and I've come to use a second sim for the 1st time. Put it in and nothing happened, checked the settings and to my surprise there was no options relating to sim 2.

So now I'm wondering if there are multiple versions which I didnt realise, or if it looks like the phone is faulty. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number of the phone in Settings>About Phone?

Is there a SIM Toolkit app or something similar in the App Drawer? Also, are you saying the 2nd SIM is from a wireless provider called Fuel? I can't find that on the web.

stevo1313

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi, the model is SNE-LX1. I do have a SIM Toolkit app, but if I try and open it says its 'not available on this sim card'.

The 'fuel' in the thread title was a typo, meant to say dual/ single sim. My bad.

I have my UK SIM on the SMARTY network in sim 1, and use sim 2 mainly for a local pay as you go card when abroad.

stevo1313

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
The sim I've tried is a Simyo SIM which is a Spanish network. When it didn't work in sim 2, I swapped the 2 sims over to see what would happen, the simyo one was picked up and worked no problems in sim 1, but my normal UK SIM card stopped being detected as soon as I put it in sim 2. So I don't think it's a compatibility issue.

This is what lead me to wondering if there are different versions of the phone which had dual sim enabled or disabled. My old phone which worked was bought new and unlocked, where as this new one was originally locked to O2 network and was later unlocked using a code, could they have disabled SIM slot 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss