Future of expandable storage in phones?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So how did you get all of that data on your card without it being already backed up somewhere else? What happens if your phone gets stolen, lost or destroyed? One point I haven't made yet is that keeping your backup directly on your mobile device is the most terrible place possible. A backup that has the chance of being lost or destroyed at the same time as your main source isn't going to be very useful for many of the failure cases.

That's why ideally one should have multiple back up solutions.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
All I said is that it bugs me that very few of the new great phones, such as the n5, have SD slots. You and others were arguing with me and others.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
Show me where. I agree that too few phones have uSD slots. I said something very similar a few posts up.
I believe that getting rid of the SD slot is premature until 64GB versions of each flagship is available to most customers, but I agree that the SD slot will likely go away eventually.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Show me where. I agree that too few phones have uSD slots. I said something very similar a few posts up.

All thru the thread. So then why were you arguing with me? My gosh all I've been saying is I think phones should have card slots and too few do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
All thru the thread.
I'd reread the thread. You even "liked" some of my earlier posts.

So then why were you arguing with me?
I'm defending my position from your arguments. You quoted me asking how long it would take to transfer 50GB to a cloud service, remember? That's in the context of backing up data, not of where to store it for usage. I never said we shouldn't have a lot of storage on our phones, just that uSD cards are a bad choice to back up data because they're much less reliable than other backup solutions. If the only place you keep 50Gig of media and data is on the uSD card in your phone it's just a matter of time before you lose it all.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
TBH I haven?t really missed the uSD in my G2 and I have the Meenova if I should. If 64GB phones could be the norm with options for double that I think it'd go a long way in helping people forget about the missing uSD slots.

g2 cm10.2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd reread the thread. You even "liked" some of my earlier posts.

I'm defending my position from your arguments. You quoted me asking how long it would take to transfer 50GB to a cloud service, remember? That's in the context of backing up data, not of where to store it for usage. I never said we shouldn't have a lot of storage on our phones, just that uSD cards are a bad choice to back up data because they're much less reliable than other backup solutions. If the only place you keep 50Gig of media and data is on the uSD card in your phone it's just a matter of time before you lose it all.

All right. I never have yet though, but I'm not saying it should be the only backup solution.

My computer is still non working so I'm missing my media library a lot. In this situation it would have been nice if I'd also managed to have it backed up to SD but since I've only just come to smart phones in this past year it hasn't happened yet. I still was able to transfer a small music library off a 3 year old microsd card onto a phone in October, and from there to my Nexus via NFC. Next I'll use my Meenova and new 64gig card to free space on my Nexus. I hate clogging up the phone's internal storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid