Question Galaxy A14 5G Shooting Methods missing "Voice Commands"

tomlamson

Jul 23, 2023
Visit site
I have Galaxy A14 5G with Android version 13. I selected Camera Settings, Shooting methods and "Voice commands" is not present. It has "Press volume key to", "Floating shutter button", and "Show palm." I cleared Data and Cache but that did not help. I uninstalled and re-installed but that did not help.

"Voice commands" is available on my wife's phone A50 with Android version 11 but not my A14 with Android version 13.

I don't want to use Bixby or Google Assistant.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Bixby and Google Assistant may be your only options. There may be a third party app with this functionality but stock, it may not be possible to do this. I know this isn't what you want to hear but short of using an external app if it doesn't appear in the menu it isn't an option.

Tasker is an automation app with a lot of functionality that might be able to do this. There are several free automation apps out there but native apps like Bixby and Assistant are likely to be better.

Best wishes.

Reactions: J Dubbs

tomlamson

Jul 23, 2023
Visit site
Bixby and Google Assistant may be your only options. There may be a third party app with this functionality but stock, it may not be possible to do this. I know this isn't what you want to hear but short of using an external app if it doesn't appear in the menu it isn't an option.

Tasker is an automation app with a lot of functionality that might be able to do this. There are several free automation apps out there but native apps like Bixby and Assistant are likely to be better.

Best wishes.
Do you know if this option was intentionally removed between Android 11 and 13? Is there a way to request that it be restored?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned you can request it but I believe it also depends on the device. The A14 is a new device and likely never had the option. Seems counter intuitive that a newer device wouldn't have something but they don't care or take it into consideration.

Reactions: J Dubbs

tomlamson

Jul 23, 2023
Visit site
As mentioned you can request it but I believe it also depends on the device. The A14 is a new device and likely never had the option. Seems counter intuitive that a newer device wouldn't have something but they don't care or take it into consideration.
I assumed that the Camera app was
You can request the feature be brought back but unless there are a lot of people asking for it... Probably not.
I assumed that the Camera app was provided by Android and not Samsung. Is there an Android link to request a feature?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I assumed that the Camera app was

I assumed that the Camera app was provided by Android and not Samsung. Is there an Android link to request a feature?
No. Samsung A14? That'll be a Samsung app unless you installed a third party app.
Oh, and they are both Android, one being Samsung's take on it the other being Google's more base form.

Last edited:
Reactions: VidJunky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201