Galaxy ace 2 unable to connect to network

robk5589

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Gt-I8160 which has worked fine since I got it just over a year ago, however a little while ago it suddenly lost signal and then ever since it wont connect to the network. The phone is locked to Orange and I'm using an orange sim card in it. I dont seem to have any issue with the IMEI as seems to cause this problem for many people and I checked with Orange (EE) and they said the phone is not blacklisted. The phone has not been rooted or flashed or anything else of the sort it for some reason just will not register on the network, when I search for networks it comes up with the usual (although no EE) and it will not register on Orange UK. There is no issue with the sim card as it works fine in my other phone. Although the phone is now a little old and I could buy another relatively cheap I'd like to be able to use it for work instead of the awful excuse for a phone my company gave me!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Rob

Update... After a little more thought and messing around I've come accross part of the problem. As Orange and T-mobile are now part of the EE network and have been rebranded as such, I am actually trying to connect to EE as a network however when I search available networks I get Vodafone, O2, Orange UK and T-mobile UK, after a conversation with someone at the EE store they told me that I sould be getting EE twice instead of Orange and T-mobile, as I discovered I am doing with my other phones, I cant however find a fix for this :(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myicc