Galaxy Clock Icon NO Longer Tells Time

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Check if the clock app is stuck in the app drawer too. If not, you may have to delete the icon from the home page and re-add it.

My icon set is set to system too. I manually change specific icons to one of the other icon sets.

But, I'm also still on A 12.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Stuck in app drawer also. And unrestricted battery usage. No joy. In apps the clock icon keeps time as you could see by my photo above. In clock settings it also keeps time.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Have you tried changing the app icon shape in nova to squircle or whatever to match the one that's working? It looks like the nova one is a little smaller. I wonder if that is causing issues with it displaying properly.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried changing the app icon shape in nova to squircle or whatever to match the one that's working? It looks like the nova one is a little smaller. I wonder if that is causing issues with it displaying properly.
Just did then did an icon reset. No joy.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I might have figured it out. Go to nova settings and then to look and feel, then icon style at the top. Make sure it's set to system and then scroll down and uncheck reshape legacy icons and also adaptive icon animations. Then go back to home screen and bring up app drawer. Hold your finger on the clock icon and hit the pencil to edit. Click on the icon and then choose the common clock icon at the very top. That changes it to dynamic. Im not sure if unchecking the two things above actually help but I figure the less altering the better. When I first did it, it said adaptive underneath the icon in the edit menu, but after you change the icon to the common one it then displayed dynamic underneath the icon and worked.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I might have figured it out. Go to nova settings and then to look and feel, then icon style at the top. Make sure it's set to system and then scroll down and uncheck reshape legacy icons and also adaptive icon animations. Then go back to home screen and bring up app drawer. Hold your finger on the clock icon and hit the pencil to edit. Click on the icon and then choose the common clock icon at the very top. That changes it to dynamic. Im not sure if unchecking the two things above actually help but I figure the less altering the better. When I first did it, it said adaptive underneath the icon in the edit menu, but after you change the icon to the common one it then displayed dynamic underneath the icon and worked.
I don't see anything about adaptive or dynamic. Choosing common doesn't seem to do anything.
67bf315b5a5886a3a1ec8e349282e2eb.jpg

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I don't see anything about adaptive or dynamic. Choosing common doesn't seem to do anything.
67bf315b5a5886a3a1ec8e349282e2eb.jpg

Bring the edit shortcut screen back up like in your picture and click the icon->built-in and then choose the identical icon that is down below in the list of icons and click done. The icon shouldnt have changed at all. Now bring up the edit icon menu again anf hit the icon to edit it. And there should only be one icon under icon. When I choose the common one the hands change right to the correct time. But when I edit and choose it from the built-in list it changes back to the wrong time. It does nothing on your phone?

Can you double check in your phone settings that nova is set as your default browser?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bring the edit shortcut screen back up like in your picture and click the icon->built-in and then choose the identical icon that is down below in the list of icons and click done. The icon shouldnt have changed at all. Now bring up the edit icon menu again anf hit the icon to edit it. And there should only be one icon under icon. When I choose the common one the hands change right to the correct time. But when I edit and choose it from the built-in list it changes back to the wrong time. It does nothing on your phone?

Can you double check in your phone settings that nova is set as your default browser?
Yes it does nothing.

Can you post screenshot of where you see adaptive or dynamic when you do it? Please no links.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does nothing.

Can you post screenshot of where you see adaptive or dynamic when you do it? Please no links.

There's nothing that says anything about adaptive or dynamic. It's just that some of the icon settings in Nova can affect that feature.

It's just a matter of hitting the right combination. And I guess we haven't found it for you yet.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Yes it does nothing.

I still can't post screen shots that's why I created the Google photos link. It's a video of me showing how I did it on my phone. And right below the app icon in the edit menu it says adaptive while the icon is a built in one. Then when I change the icon it changes to dynamic and you can see the time change to the correct time. I can literally go between the two app icons and one is the wrong time and the other is the right time. I figured at least someone would watch the video after I commented that I'm pretty sure I figured it out haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe