Galaxy nexus released on November 18th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy nexus released on the 18th

I have a feeling too this is going to be a December release.

Something is going on behind the scenes. Today there are rumors of delay with the UK release. I think everything is getting pushed back.

No the question is WHY

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Maybe ICS isn't ready for prime time or they are having issues with the phone. Just seems strange verizon would start training if they weren't ready for a release.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

I have a feeling too this is going to be a December release.

Something is going on behind the scenes. Today there are rumors of delay with the UK release. I think everything is getting pushed back.

No the question is WHY

Nothing has been pushed back in the UK. It's being released there this week.

As for P3Droid's recent tweets, he also said it wasn't likely to come to Verizon right before they actually sent out their press release.

Always take things with a grain of salt. I hope we hear some official news this week.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I just saw that tweet as well. The exact words were:

"Put your money down folks..you can relax. The nexus won't behere soon.Start planning for end of year purchases. That is the new word on the street."

Bummer if that's true.

Ng3Dw.png

Not that I think it's true (I really really hope not). Just the whole back and forth is maddening!

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

i can't imagine Verizon would be dumb enough to wait until after Black Friday, right?. Evo 3Ds will be pretty darn cheap i'm guessing, and getting ICS.... We shall see....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

i can't imagine Verizon would be dumb enough to wait until after Black Friday, right?. Evo 3Ds will be pretty darn cheap i'm guessing, and getting ICS.... We shall see....

If the ics source comes out this week the evo 3d won't have ics by black friday, atleast not officially. Phones won't be updated for atleast a month (at the earliest) after ics is released.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Alright....I guess I'm just confused. Presumably phones have been manufactured/set up/shipped...so what more needs to be done? Are they going to ship back the handsets and update them? This blows.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

If the ics source comes out this week the evo 3d won't have ics by black friday, atleast not officially. Phones won't be updated for atleast a month (at the earliest) after ics is released.

Yeah i meant Evo 3d will get in soon as in, 1-3 months. I'd be willing to bet the non hardcore android customers out there on black friday would gladly settle for a much cheaper phone, much cheaper plan, with unlimited data in exchange for a 3 months wait on ICS.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Alright....I guess I'm just confused. Presumably phones have been manufactured/set up/shipped...so what more needs to be done? Are they going to ship back the handsets and update them? This blows.

most handsets have an ota that as soon as they are activated it will prompt you to update. They would not send all the devices back just for a software update that can be sent ota.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah i meant Evo 3d will get in soon as in, 1-3 months. I'd be willing to bet the non hardcore android customers out there on black friday would gladly settle for a much cheaper phone, much cheaper plan, with unlimited data in exchange for a 3 months wait on ICS.

You have to figure there are going to be a ton of sales of phones. I mean the at&t sgs2 is free somewhere I saw on black friday. Verizon is sitting on stock and losing money doesn't make sense to not sell what you paid for. But hey that is just me and we all know how verizon works.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

You have to figure there are going to be a ton of sales of phones. I mean the at&t sgs2 is free somewhere I saw on black friday. Verizon is sitting on stock and losing money doesn't make sense to not sell what you paid for. But hey that is just me and we all know how verizon works.

i know! Verizon and their crazy antics! i still have faith. *fingers tightly crossed*

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

P3Droid just tweeted that he is hearing late December release and little to no chance of November release.

I don't believe him, but just FYI

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

P3Droid just tweeted that he is hearing late December release and little to no chance of November release.

I don't believe him, but just FYI

could it be that he is simply attention whoring? Banned from forums here, so why not try to cause some drama type of thing.....

So far all of his info has been totally wrong, latest being claims of 1750 battery just this weekend. Today's leak of accessory list shows the 1850 battery.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

could it be that he is simply attention whoring? Banned from forums here, so why not try to cause some drama type of thing.....

So far all of his info has been totally wrong, latest being claims of 1750 battery just this weekend. Today's leak of accessory list shows the 1850 battery.

Could be, nobody really knows. He has been wrong more than he has been right on things that had to deal with the nexus so yeah.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Like I have said before...once drama dies down, he finds a way to renew it. I haven't given him new material lately, so he has to make it up other ways.

Reactions: Premium1

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I don't like P3Droid. For having a voice in the Android Community, he uses it to be a cocky, arrogant prick.

He's probably spreading FUD.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

As far as P3's latest tweet I will wait for Panda to confirm or deny it, otherwise if there is no news from Verizon by the end of the month I may start looking at other devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19