Galaxy Note 10.1 GT N8010 No Boot & No Recovery Mode, Etc.

Nasho23

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I have been given a Galaxy Note 10.1 GT N8010, which only boots to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Logo. It seems to remain in a Boot Loop to this Logo. Power + Volume Up does not get Recovery Menu. Power + Volume Down does get Download Mode, which does nothing. Believing the Battery may be Dead, I charged it overnight with Genuine 2Amp Charger and this morning I checked the Disconnected Battery Voltage at the Battery Cable Terminal - Red1 to Black 1 = 4.19 V.

From what I have read, and the fact that nothing I have found on Google brings this thing back to life, makes me believe that the OS is corrupted. Others have tried to fix this before I got it, so who knows.

Would you agree at this point.

What are the Service Repair Procedures to perform a Re-Install of the Original OS - I believe this is called Flashing the ROM.
I need all the information to do this and hopefully recover this Unit.
I am familiar with Repair and Servicing of Computers, but have never become involved in these Tablets.

Thank you in Anticipation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Splitting hairs here, but I moved this from the Note 10.1 (2014) forum to the Note 10.1 forum, since the GT-N8010 is the first generation released in 2012.

Nasho23

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Further to my previous posts - I have clearly identified that I cannot get a USB Connection to work - therefore, cannot Download or anything else. I now have a New Cable and have replaced the Charging Port with Internal Cable, just to be sure that is all OK. I now have the correct Version of KIES for this Unit - V2.6.4.16113_3. When KIES is Opened and Unit connected by Cable to USB 2.0, KIES asks to be Connected, but does not Connect, but No Error Messages. I have run the KIES USB Troubleshooter - it has Re-Installed the Required Driver and goes to the end, Complete. This makes no difference, still No Connection is made. As I mentioned in my first message, I received this Unit, as a Non Functioning Unit and the fact that there is no Recovery Menu, indicates to me, that there is no longer any Operating System. I guess the First Question I need answered is - Can you have a USB Connection with no Operating System available. The second question is, what can be done to recover; a) a USB Connection and, b) How can the Operating System be renewed, in this condition of No USB Connection. Thank You.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Further to my previous posts - I have clearly identified that I cannot get a USB Connection to work - therefore, cannot Download or anything else. I now have a New Cable and have replaced the Charging Port with Internal Cable, just to be sure that is all OK. I now have the correct Version of KIES for this Unit - V2.6.4.16113_3. When KIES is Opened and Unit connected by Cable to USB 2.0, KIES asks to be Connected, but does not Connect, but No Error Messages. I have run the KIES USB Troubleshooter - it has Re-Installed the Required Driver and goes to the end, Complete. This makes no difference, still No Connection is made. As I mentioned in my first message, I received this Unit, as a Non Functioning Unit and the fact that there is no Recovery Menu, indicates to me, that there is no longer any Operating System. I guess the First Question I need answered is - Can you have a USB Connection with no Operating System available. The second question is, what can be done to recover; a) a USB Connection and, b) How can the Operating System be renewed, in this condition of No USB Connection. Thank You.
What android version your on?

Nasho23

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I thought I had made this Clear - I cannot open this Tablet as OD is damaged or non existant - it was given to me in a Non Functioning Condition. Cheers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought I had made this Clear - I cannot open this Tablet as OD is damaged or non existant - it was given to me in a Non Functioning Condition. Cheers.
Ahh , but still need to know Android version, taking it apart is one thing but if you do get it to communicate kies is for way older Android version like 4.4 , you know how to use odin? I think this is lot for you to tackle being hardware issue and software next