Galaxy Note 3 - Case & Covers Thread

JordanN9005

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried the s view at a samsung store tonight and it does look slick without adding weight and heft to the phone. Really love the functionality of the s view access. Almost purchased it, but have one worry.

Since typing on the phone means having to fold the front cover all the way back, I'm afraid that after some time of stressing the top and bottom edge of the spine, the spine edges might eventually tear or break. Would be a damn shame on an expensive case.

How long have you had your s view case? Do you fold the front cover all the way back when you need to type on the phone? Are there any tears yet on the top and bottom edge of the spine area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had the S View cover for around 3 months I'm a very heavy user and fold it all the way back when I'm typing most of the time (if it's just a quick reply I just let the cover hang and use the phone one handed with no problems) It's holding up really well no tears or anything like that it still looks as good as when I first bought it.

It really is a nice case I've tried a lot of cases and keep going back to the S view because of the slick design and like you said it adds no extra weight or bulk and you get more grip than using the note without a case it also stops the bezel from getting scratched because it overlaps a little on the sides.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

anote3fan

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
My Red Spigen Neo Hybrid cracked and broke on the red bumper...

Granted I'm not the most delicate person and I frequently open up the cover to replace battery etc...

On the look out for cover with similar thickness (which is thin and elegant) but more high quality and more durable.

Any suggestion?

dkettel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Again I have to endorse the S-View smart cover, I've been using it for a few months now and I absolutely love it! Zero issues with it. The only time I ever open it all the way up and fold it back is if it's sitting in my ram mount on the motorcycle and I want to see the full screen. I can answer calls with the cover closed, but it offers protection and a nice leather-look to it that makes it seem like a high end product. I'll never use any other case. Also the case snaps off the back and I can change batteries in a flash. Very cool case! When I'm on the treadmill all I have to do to watch movies is to put down a small towel on the shelf in front of me and and angle the cover back and it makes a perfect stand for viewing. You get used to holding it with the cover half way opened, like you're holding a small booklet.

My Red Spigen Neo Hybrid cracked and broke on the red bumper...

Granted I'm not the most delicate person and I frequently open up the cover to replace battery etc...

On the look out for cover with similar thickness (which is thin and elegant) but more high quality and more durable.

Any suggestion?

dustrho

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Again I have to endorse the S-View smart cover, I've been using it for a few months now and I absolutely love it! Zero issues with it. The only time I ever open it all the way up and fold it back is if it's sitting in my ram mount on the motorcycle and I want to see the full screen. I can answer calls with the cover closed, but it offers protection and a nice leather-look to it that makes it seem like a high end product. I'll never use any other case. Also the case snaps off the back and I can change batteries in a flash. Very cool case! When I'm on the treadmill all I have to do to watch movies is to put down a small towel on the shelf in front of me and and angle the cover back and it makes a perfect stand for viewing. You get used to holding it with the cover half way opened, like you're holding a small booklet.

I finally tried this out at Best Buy last weekend to see what all the hooplah is about it. It seems to be a nice case, but I noticed the edges of the case seem kinda sharp (not like knife or razor-blade sharp but not soft/smooth). Is that normal for this case? If so, does it get better with some use? I want it but not if it's going to be like that for the long haul.

dkettel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Never noticed that the edges were sharp, actually only the top cover has a sharper edge, the bottom is a lot smoother. I love this thing. I don't put it in my pants pocket, only coat or mostly work shirt front pocket. My shirt pockets only allow less than an inch to stick out, which actually makes it easy to grab.

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the OtterBox Defender case. It's not too bulky, certainly not heavy, and I have no S Pen issues. It even fits fine on my belt.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

I Second the OBOX defender vote.
This is a great case. I had one for my
GS3 and IT is solid. I dropped my phone dozens of times w/out issue.
I also like the fact that if I decide I want an extended battery- the OBOX is mod-able.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I still have to put my vote in for the Trident Cyclops case (minus built-in screen protector ) I've dropped the phone several times - usually by my little ones - and phone or case has been perfect every time

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Trident Kraken ams case. I think it gives about the same protection as the otterbox defender with the added advantage of the kickstand. I like the style of the Kraken better myself. I know that you can use the otterbox Holster as a kick stand but I don't use the Holster. The Kraken case has a silicone inner case and a hard outer shell. The otterbox defender has a hard inner case and a silicone outer shell. I prefer the silicone inner case as it is less likely to scratch the phone than a hard inner case.

Screen protector isn't great. I will probably punch it out since I am using the mime glass screen protector. One downside though is that you can not use the Wireless charging with the kickstand but it works when the kickstand is removed.

I had the otterbox commuter case before this but wanted a case with a kickstand

I got the green one for $27 but if you want the black one out is $20 at Newegg.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16875946171

uploadfromtaptalk1392131146888.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392131156381.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392131165169.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Where the heck is the Samsung OEM Protective Cover +????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the accessories that were displayed with the Note 3 whenever it was launched seem to be either not being sold or non existent. Or people just don't buy them.
The only Samsung anything that I am seeing out there is the S-view cover...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

EpicInYourFace

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend me some Nice cases for my Note 3, I am kinda interested in the neo Hybrid, currently using the s view

The cases I am looking for must be medium protective(Lay on table and Camera lens protection), and must have Nice design and feel to it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend me some Nice cases for my Note 3, I am kinda interested in the neo Hybrid, currently using the s view

The cases I am looking for must be medium protective(Lay on table and Camera lens protection), and must have Nice design and feel to it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Have you looked through the 106 pages in this thread? A ton of reviews!

I used to use the Neo Hybrid and it was a decent case. I'd say only has minimum protection (maybe a step above the TPU cases in terms of protection like the Cruzerlite bugdroid ) It looked good though.

Unfortunately everyone will say their case is the best around. Best to see what you need the case for and read through all the posts here

Btw, I'm currently using the Trident cyclops case and love it

Good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

kkilcoyne007

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I love the kickstand w the trident case. I plug it in to my blue tooth fm transmitter and set it on the car dash without any mount. It grips the dash well. For longer trips when I want navigation I can change out the kickstand and use the windshield mount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I love the kickstand w the trident case. I plug it in to my blue tooth fm transmitter and set it on the car dash without any mount. It grips the dash well. For longer trips when I want navigation I can change out the kickstand and use the windshield mount

I think you're talking about the Trident Kraken case. It has a kickstand. The Trident cyclops does not have the kickstand.

Personally I prefer no kickstand.

kkilcoyne007

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Correct. Why no kickstand? It doesn't affect the profile noticeably. The ability to change out the mounting clips is pretty sweet too if you are into biking or other hobbies

dustrho

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Is the Trident Cyclops case slippery at all? I heard the sides aren't but the back of it is. I'm now thinking about ordering this one.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised how thin the otterbox defender is compared to previous models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is the Trident Cyclops case slippery at all? I heard the sides aren't but the back of it is. I'm now thinking about ordering this one.

Back is not slippery. But I guess you can slide it across a flat table if you want lol. But the sides have the black rubbery texture and very grippy. Most of the time when you're holding the case, you're grabbing the case where it has the grippy texture.

Main thing is it is super light. I'd Say not any heavier than the cases that protects even less (Neo Hybrid, etc) plus it offers great protection.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you're talking about the Trident Kraken case. It has a kickstand. The Trident cyclops does not have the kickstand.

Personally I prefer no kickstand.

The kickstand on the Kraken is removable, and creates a nice indent to rest your finger, when the kick stand is removed

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro